"Relax little lamb, you haven't done anything wrong." Then she takes a serious tone, "Unless there's something we don't know about ?" Of course she asks me this question, I quickly learned that confessing a mistake would lessen my punishment a bit.

"No, Doctor."

"Tell me, you wouldn't dare go against our orders ?"

"No, Doctor."

"You see Coach, there is nothing to fear. She's perfectly docile. As for you, follow me."

With that she turns and walks out of the gym. After half a second's hesitation I follow her, the Cleaners being behind me for some reason. This one becomes clear as we approach the exit of the building. I was a bit excited to be able to go outside. I hadn't seen the sky for four or five months. Quickly calculating, I realise that it must be winter now. Looking down at my light outfit I notice that I'm going to be cold, plus I'm still barefoot. As if she had read my mind, the Doctor stops by the door and turns to me. On the floor is a pair of pale green trainers, matching the colour of my top. One of the Cleaners unties one of my wrists leaving the handcuffs hanging to the other.

"We're going out Black Sheep. I have an experiment to conduct and I need a test subject, don't worry normally it's not very painful. I'm warning you right now, the sanctions and rules will be much stricter outside the house. No mistakes will be accepted, is that understood ?"

"Yes, Doctor."

"Good. Now put on your shoes."

"Thank you, Doctor."

I quickly put them on. Once done, the cuffs are reattached and Boris grabs my shoulder as a precaution in case I decide to run. Once outside I see the blue sky for the first time in a long time but a chill wind almost makes me want to return. As we walk towards a landing strip, my wounds burn from the winter cold. The cold felt in the castle is nothing compared to this. What I wouldn't give for a warm coat to curl up in. Once on a small plane, I find myself in a warm room with many soft looking armchairs. I fight my urge to lounge in them, they will never allow me to sit in them. Indeed, the Cleaners make me sit on the floor in a corner of the room where a small blanket is before removing my handcuffs.

"The flight will last quite a while. Can I trust you to behave yourself ? If you can't, tell me right now and I'll sedate you for the duration of the transport."

"I'll behave myself, Doctor."

"Good. You can use the blanket to warm yourself up a bit if you want. After all it's the middle of winter and I really don't need you getting sick right now. I don't want to hear you during the trip except to ask permission to use the bathroom. Now get some rest, you'll need the energy when we get there."

"Yes, and thank you, Doctor."

Not feeling the need to answer me, she goes and sits down in one of the seats and pulls out a tablet, probably to watch cat videos. I snuggle as best I can into the ratty blanket. At the same time, Flytrap and Spinkick arrive in turn, laughing amongst themselves. They take their places in the farthest seats and whisper while staring at me strangely. I have a bad feeling, I'll have to watch out for these two. After a few hours, the Cleaners arrive with meals for the two agents and Dr. Bellum. I look away, not wanting to inflict more harm on myself by envying them. To my surprise, the Cleaners drop off a bowl of water but also a small bowl of rice with a rather hard piece of bread. I was about to pounce on the food when I remembered the rules.

"Thank you Doctor."

She waves her hand at me to let me know she has heard me. I eat quickly for fear of it being taken away. Once I'm done, I rest my back against the wall and close my eyes to relax a bit, totally ignoring my stomach that was asking for more. I don't know when, but I finally managed to fall asleep only to be woken up by Boris shaking me out of my usual nightmares. I notice my hands are cuffed again and Dr. Bellum starts to walk out with the two operatives. I stand up and they take me out, forcing me to leave the blanket behind. Once downstairs, I see a large building with a tower. We join Dr. Bellum at the entrance and I immediately recognize where we are. A memory takes over and the pain in my head makes me fall to my knees. The last thing I see is Dr. Bellum bending down to me and calling out to me before everything goes black.

Memory

I was dressed in my red coat and hat holding Gray against me as I used my grapnel to pull us up the tower.

"Can you dasactivate it ?" I asked hastily.

"I'm just a lighting tech. What makes you think i know anything about industrial-grade electric ?"

"It's a hunch. Roll with it ?"

Gray leans over to the electrical wires and gives me one last look.

"I don't even know what I'm looking at. It won't blow up in our faces, will it ?"

"Focus and hurry."

"I just don't... Oh wait, what's this ? Thats oughta do it."

I hold out my hand to him. "Do you trust me ?"

"Hang on tight, don't let go ?"

I pull Gray against me and wonder if he can hear my heart pounding like crazy from my stress and fear for him. Then I drop us into the void and deploy my glider.

End of the memory

At the same time, at ACME HQ

3rd Person POV

"We haven't been able to learn much in the last few months. The Faculty is very careful to isolate her." Ivy said tired.

"All we know is that she's been seen from time to time going into the Faculty quarters and coming out with more injuries than before. As for the 'news' sent by the Faculty, it's just a picture of her in chains, still in the same room." Jules concluded. On the screen, an image of Carmen with chains dragging her four limbs to the wall is displayed. A huge bruise covers her right cheek, a hand mark is visible just above the collar (as if someone had tried to strangle her) and she is thinner than ever. Her ribs are easily distinguishable through her skin. Her right forearm is covered in bandages.

"We won't be able to find her until we arrest a Faculty member. And they'll never risk getting out." Gray shouts in frustration as he kicks a chair.

"I wouldn't be so sure of you on this one Graham." Player replies from the speakers, with a hopefulness in his voice that hasn't been heard for 6 months now. "What would you say if I told you that I just came across a piece of information that Dr. Bellum is out in one of her labs."

"Are you sure Player ?" Shadowsan asks immediately.

"Positive. She's going there to test a new type of weapon but I have no info on the agents involved or how long she'll be out. The information was much better protected than the rest."

"Do you know where the laboratory is ?" Shadowsan continued, blatantly ignoring Chief's attempts to speak.

"Yes, in Aukland, New Zealand."

Gray POV

"You mean where Carmen had fooled me with a so-called children's show." I ask with a smile, thinking back to that night when everything was still simple.

"Right here." I lose the thread of the conversation at this point and plunge back into this memory.

Memory

Carmen is fighting against several guards who have some kind of electric rods. One falls in front of me and I don't know why, but I feel both attracted and repelled by it. Carmen glances at me and seems terrified of... me?! My thoughts are cut short by a skinny, dark-haired man with a New Zealand accent.

"Tought you could give old Neal the slip, eh ?"

Carmen turns to the man and attacks him. He retaliates and finally takes advantage by holding his arms high and putting pressure on his neck. If I don't act quickly, she will die ! "Little known fact, this eel has quite the grip."

A glance at the weapon in front of me and I know what I must do. I pick it up, run towards him and electrocute him. Carmen falls down and watches me throw the gun in surprise.

"You don't run a children's charity." She gets up, grabs my arm and starts running again.

"I'll explain over that coffee."

End of memory

Forcing myself back to myself, I see everyone watching me. "Sorry. Some old memories... Anyway, this is a golden opportunity for us to capture her. So we can learn where Carmen is and save her from this hell."