frosting

A/N this chapter is high-key a ddlc reference, specifically from the natsuki route, so if you get it, ily <3

The bell rang moments later as you made your way towards the front gates, Oikawa already waiting for you; he waved warmly, tilting his head.

You nudged him harshly to get his attention, "Don't you have Volleyball practice today?"

Oikawa shook his head, beginning to open his arms as you stepped closer: "Nope! The gym is under slight renovation today, so we're staying for an extra hour after school tomorrow, instead."

Without giving you chance to step back, he swung his arms over your shoulders, pulling you against him. You gasped a little, feeling your cheek against his chest as the aroma of his warm-vanilla cologne filled your nose; his embrace was warm and comforting.

You felt his hand trickle down the edge of your back, stopping halfway as he drew light circles with his fingertips. He pressed his cheek on your head, sighing against your hair as you stayed still for a few moments.

You wrapped your arms around his waist.. just for a few seconds.

With a gentle laugh, he pulled back: offering you a smile before he gestured for you both to go walk over to the bike shed.

You weren't exactly sure what the hug was for, but didn't ask.

Oikawa latched his fingertips on the handle bars of your bike: he pulled himself up onto the seat, resting one of his feet against the pedals.

"What do you think you're doing?" You frowned.

"Get on the back, we'll get there quicker if we bike down."

"It's my bike! You get on the back."

"My legs are longer than yours, we'll get there quicker." He raised his chin with a hint of a smirk, "Come on!"

"Oikawa.." You grumbled under your breath, crossing your arms stubbornly as he kicked his foot to slowly move your bike along.

He lowered his head, giving you a slight smirk: "Y/N.." He copied you.

You huffed, too tired to try and fight any more as you placed your hand on his shoulders, pulling your body behind his. He moved his figure a little forward as your chest pressed against his back, sulking slightly to yourself. Your body was hugging his from behind, tightly clinging onto him as the soft, addicting smell of his shampoo intoxicated your senses.

He turned his cheek, "You ready?"

You nodded, burying your face into his neck as he pushed his foot to ride to the nearest super market.

𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧

Twirling the keys to your house in between your fingertips, Tooru held all of the bags in his large hands: he'd insisted on carrying all of them whilst you walked back from the shops with your bike.

You opened the door for him as he dropped all of the bags onto the kitchen table with a sigh. Luckily, Keishin was out for another two hours teaching Volleyball, leaving the house to yourselves once more.

You carefully plucked a recipe book from the top shelf, skipping to the 'Vanilla Cupcakes' page as Oikawa carefully rinsed his hands, yourself doing the same shortly after.

"Hey," Your eyes were still glued to the cooking book as Oikawa searched for a mixing bowl and measuring cups, "Could you preheat the oven to 370°F?"

He mockingly brought two fingers up to his forehead, "Ey-ey, Captain!"