a bet?

Your eyes widened.

You stepped back, covering your lips: "What?"

He offered you an awkward laugh, his eyes glancing off to the side, "Come on, I think my question was clear enough," The edge of his soft lips tilted up as you folded your arms over your chest protectively, "I mean, you saw all of those girls outside of this classroom, right? I'm not exactly used to a girl having this kind of reaction to me."

As those words left his lips, you were reminded instantly of why this boy had left such a bad taste in your mouth: "Mmph." You grumbled, arching your brows down, "I think you're arrogant. And, those girls just haven't realised it yet because you like to put on a front for them."

Oikawa's eyes widened; his jaw dropped with a sigh.

He scrunched his nose, pure shock on his face at what you had said to him. He shook his head dramatically, beginning to stand as his figure loomed above yours; your chests now just inches away from each other.

A smile began to grow against his soft lips, amused by what you had just confessed to him. You wondered what type of game he was trying to play with you: if there was any game at all.

He hovered his face above yours, giving you a sadistic and cocky smirk: "Y'know, new girl," He muttered quietly, "If I wanted to, I could change your mind. Just give me some time and you'll be head over heels for me."

"Is that a bet?"

He looked out up and down, "Consider it my promise."

"Okay, Captain, you're on." You swayed your hip to the side before finally beginning to walk away.

Oikawa lifted his chin, his eyes watching you leave as the fan girls swiftly dispersed when you opened the door: "I'll see you in practice."

𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧

Later that same day, you sat on the outlines of practice beside the Coach, making small-talk whilst supporting Matsukawa.

You helped a couple of first years with putting away the nets as the rest of the group walked to the locker-room.

"Hey, L/N!" You heard a deep voice call from the other side of the hall as you turned your shoulder: "You wanna walk back with us?"

You scrunched your nose, beginning to lift up your bag as Iwaizumi, Matsukawa and Maki all stood waiting for you.

You glanced over to the Coach as he dismissed you to leave, before you swiftly jogged over to the small group: "Yeah," You smiled warmly at them as the four of you began walking, "That'd be great."

Matsun smirked, "Y/N, I was just telling them about class this morning-.."

𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧

Dragging your bike along the pathway, you all walked the way home together; so far during practice, you had been admittedly intimidated by most of the third-years, but right now you were getting along with them all really well.

"So," Iwaizumi began, "You went to Nekoma, right?"

You nodded, "Yeah, in Tokyo." You glanced over your shoulder at the school building that was growing more distant by the second; "Why doesn't Oikawa walk home with you all?" You curiously asked, realising that he was missing.