Part 5~Tense

Sitting in the library, the group awkwardly shuffled, unsure what to say. Alexis hummed to herself, slowly putting the many knives she carried on the table.

Izuku didn't take his eyes off her, his leg twitching, ready to move at a moment's notice.

"So, Zuzu, does this mean you're rejoining the family?" Alexis tilted her head innocently as Izuku tutted, scowling and turning away.

"Of course not. We just needed somewhere to hide for a bit."

Alexis hummed. "Right, the attack on UA. I've been watching it develop. They still have students trapped inside." She turned to the other teenagers. "Any of your friends?" Alexis knew she hit a nerve when the tension dropped palatably. "Sorry, did I insult you? My deepest apologies."

Izuku scowled, throwing a nearby book at Alexis's head. "Stop being mean."

"But Zuzu! I was just asking a question." Alexis grinned, picking up the book and returning it to the selves. "You know, if we gave you a hand, we could get your friends back in a few days."

"We will not be working with you." Izuku glared at Alexis, who chuckled.

"And why ever not?"

"You know why." Izuku shook his head, pushing himself up. "Don't contact your friends."

Alexis sighed, hiding her grin. "Okay," she sang, a dark aura around her.

"This is why no one trusts you."

"Oh, Zuzu. I don't need anyone to trust me." Alexis grinned widely as Izuku left, shivering slightly.

"You're creepy, Alex!" Izuku slammed the door close as he walked away.

Kaminari fidgeted. "So... what do you do for a living, Alexis?"

Alexis glared at him, sneering deeply. "Don't talk to me, you lousy excuse for a phone charger. You are not even worth more than the dirt on the bottom of my shoe."

Kaminari squeaked, jumping behind Kirishima. "She's scary."

"Did you just call me scary?!" Alexis slammed her hands on the table, scowling over Kirishima's shoulder. "If you want scary, I can show you scary!"

Kaminari's screams could be heard across the mansion.

~~~

Izuku sighed, sitting next to Bakugo. He could hear the distant voices shouting over each other, but at least the screams had died down. Alex must have gotten bored.

"D-Deku?"

Snapping up, Izuku spun around, his eyes widening. "Kacchan! You're awake!" Tackling Bakugo into a hug, Izuku ignored his groan.

"Yeah, I'm fine, Deku. What's going on? Where are we?"

Izuku sighed, pulling back and returning to his seat. "We're in the Black serpent Mansion."

Bakugo's eyes widened as he coughed. "I'm surprised that you actually brought us here. I was certain you would ignore my orders."

"Don't tell me that now after I've been forced to stay here for days." Izuku scowled, punching Bakugo and making him fall off the bed.

"Hey! You don't get to punch me!" Bakugo jumped up, groaning as the blood rushed to his head, and he stumbled slightly, only to be caught by Izuku.

"Wow, it seems like old times," Alexis cooed, grinning as she walked into the makeshift infirmary. "Good to see you awake, Katsuki?"

Bakugo scowled, his expression darkening as he glared at Alex. "Alexis."

"You should rest, Katsuki. Even I can tell from here you haven't recovered yet." Alexis walked past Bakugo, checking over the others.

"What is she doing here? Don't tell me you agreed to her help. You know what that means."

"Yeah yeah, I do, and we're not working with her. She just showed up. Apparently, it's a scheduled trip." Izuku helped Bakugo back into his bed, a glare on his face as he spoke about Alexis.

"Don't believe her. Not a word."

"I'm not going to." Izuku smiled, pushing Bakugo back on the bed. "Now rest. You'll need your sleep." Izuku pushed Bakugo's hair back, helping him rest as he sighed.

"I mean it, Deku. I know you, don't let her use your past against you."

Izuku didn't answer Bakugo, waiting for him to fall asleep before he shuffled into a more comfortable position.

"You know, Zuzu. I could help you. I could make all this go away. I've always protected you. You know I did." Alexis stepped closer as Izuku glared at her.

"You used me as an excuse to hurt people. You didn't care about me; you just wanted to feel in power and made me believe it was my fault. I will not let you do anything like you used to." Izuku pushed past Alexis, only stopping as Alexis grabbed his hand.

"Don't say that. I never used you. I did all that for you! I did that to protect you because I care about you! I couldn't care less about power or politics. I just wanted you to be safe!"

"Then why did you burn me!"

The room fell silent as Alexis brought back her arm. Izuku hardened his gaze, pushing past Alexis.

"I don't care about that. I don't care about how you killed hundreds of people or how you acted when we were kids, but I do care about how unreliable you are. I will never trust you. I will never care about you. You burnt down that bridge with your own fire."

Izuku stormed out of the room, leaving Alexis standing alone.

"Damn it! Why won't he just listen to me?!" Alexis kicked down, snapping the chair in half.

~~~

Aizawa paused, stepping outside as he spotted Alexis leaning against the rails. "If Zuzu sent you here to lecture me, I'll burn you alive." Alexis glanced over her shoulder, her eyes burning a hole in Aizawa. "If not, would you like a cigarette."

Aizawa hesitated before standing beside her, taking the cigarette cautiously. "I thought you didn't like anyone but Midoriya."

"Yeah, well, Zuzu seems to hate me, so I thought, why fucking not? And I have more friends than just Zuzu." Alexis took in a long breath, blowing out the smoke slowly.

"Aren't you a bit young to be smoking?"

Chuckling, Alex grinned, fire burning in her mouth. "What, you afraid the smoke will destroy my lungs?" Alex blew out her fire before leaning back. "My lungs are immune to the smoke I inhale, same for stuff like this." Alexis sighed, leaning against her hand. "Zuzu doesn't trust me, and for a good reason. Just don't let him go back there. Our family was destroyed by heroes. I don't care what you have to do, don't let him go to death without a plan or hope. Do you understand?"

"Yes, but you should know, I don't think I could stop him if he wanted to go."

"I know... that's why I'm going to save your friends first."