Chapter 3 -The Teacher

The door in the front row opened and produced a loud *Creak!*

There, they saw an old male teacher entering the classroom. He has a face identical to those aged around the fifties to sixties, bald hair that is shinier than an egg itself, a vintage watch strapped on his left hand, a sky blue polo shirt tucked below the belt, and trousers that looked quite old because of the small tears and rips on each side.

"Well? What's with all the noise?" The teacher asked with a menacing voice as he moved slowly towards the burnished table, glaring at the students with a grimace. Naturally, this frightened the students, leaving them shaken as if they were going to be blown off like a leaf if they ever made a single movement.

The classroom was soaked in silence for a moment as the teacher stared at every student.

"..."

The students only gulped and shivered in response to the terrifying presence in front of them.

"Still no answers, huh? Alright then." Said the teacher as he grabbed a chalk under the blackboard using his right hand

*Tak! Tak! Tak! Tak!*

After the teacher finished writing his name, he stared at the students while leaning back at the side of the blackboard.

"..."

"Boo!"

"..."

"Pfffftt.."

"Ahahahaha! You guys still shakin' in your shoes?"

"..."

"??"
The students had perplexed faces as they stared at the teacher who was laughing hysterically in front of them.

The teacher rested on the table for a bit after he finished laughing.

"Whew, well, what do you think? Pretty good, right?"

"Haa. For real, though, I apologize for pranking you guys and for my loud stomps earlier. I had to make it believable, you see. My colleagues even saw my stupid frog stomps as I approached this classroom!" The teacher exclaimed as he facepalmed.

The other students let out a sigh of relief after seeing the teacher's true personality.

"What's with the sighs? I didn't even try to increase the tension, sheesh..."

The teacher then pouted.

"That pout doesn't really fit an old man like you," Zen remarked under his breath as he giggled for a bit.

"Ahem! Ahem!" The teacher cleared his throat before proceeding.

"Anyways! That's enough of that. I'm going to start introducing myself now."

"My name is Thorel Canali. For the rest of the academic year, I will be your homeroom teacher, and I will be the one in charge of teaching you guys communication and personality. So despite my somewhat old terrifying look, you don't have to be frightened and just ask me anything because I'm a cheerful person on the inside."

The teacher walked to the blackboard's right side, where he had written his name and rules.

"Since it's the first day of school, and we still have an emergency meeting regarding the incident last year at this school. So I will be real quick."

A boy at the top left corner of the class suddenly raised his hand and asked.

"Teacher! Does that mean we can eat and get out of school early today?"

"Yep, as I said earlier, we still have an emergency meeting, so you can do whatever you want after I'm done here."

"And also, Thank you for asking that question."

He then lowered his hands after getting the teacher's response.

"Anyways, I'll go over the rules in the meantime. The first would be to respect, the second would be to care, and the third would be to try to understand every single person's opinion. So you only need to keep in mind these guidelines; I am aware that we are on section four, but I am certain everyone here is an intelligent student."

"And Hrmm, what else do I need to put here..."

*Tak! Tak! Tak!*

***

"I guess that's all?"

"Oh crap! I forgot to look at the time!" Thorel exclaimed as he hastily placed the chalk below the board

"Anyways, that's all I have left to say for now. Don't worry about the self-introductions; I will just call you guys randomly during my oral recitations."

"Awwww! that sucks!" The other students remarked

"Hahaha! I'm sorry, but I much prefer oral recitations over introductions!" Thorel exclaimed as he laughed and hurriedly departed the classroom while waving a peace sign to the students.