A Walk Through the Woods

Comincia dall'inizio

"Okay, let's talk about something else then" offered Tori

Jade looked on her PearPhone to see any other clues Sikowitz posted, "Or we can just not talk"

Tori's arms flopped at her sides in irritation, "Well what else are we going to do this whole time? We're alone out in the woods and we're just going to look for clues?"

Jade said, uncharacteristically quiet, "Yeah, that was what I was thinking"

 Tori sighed, "Okay, well I guess we'll just...oooo!! Jade, look!!! What's that in the distance?"

Jade squinted, "It looks like some kind of shelter, it's pretty far off though, do you think that might be it?"

"It has to be! Come on! Let's go" Tori gestured 

"I'm not running all the way there, Vega. In a matter of fact, I'm not running there at all" Jade decided

"Weren't you the one who wanted to get this over with?" Tori tested

"You're the only one who challenges me. I can't tell if that makes you brave or stupid" remarked Jade

"Neither because you don't scare me" Tori smiled

Jade rolled her eyes and continued walking along with Tori. 

Although she was highly annoyed at Tori for 1. bringing up the 'date' Sikowitz made them go on and 2. being way too cheerful and energetic... she couldn't help but admire the girl as she pranced along excited to get a good grade on the project. She was so dedicated to her studies, more so than most of the students at Hollywood Arts. Tori would always go the extra mile, that was evident ever since she brought in a cockatoo to class for the bird scene.

In her olive green cargo pants complete with a pink tee and a tawny jean jacket, Tori really did look the part for a camper. 

Unlike Jade who was in her usual attire. A black fishnet sleeved shirt with some ripped black skinny jeans. 

The girls couldn't be sure exactly how long it took to finally get to that nature lodge but it felt like at least fifteen minutes had passed since they stopped at the bathroom/shower room. And it had already gotten a bit darker out

The nature lodge was extremely small for being a lodge. It was moreso the size of a large shed that would be in someone's backyard. A weathered and warn down shed at that. 

"Wow this looks like a place I would go out to when my parents were fighting" chuckled Jade

She noticed Tori's worried expression and before she could say anything Jade quickly said, "I'm joking! It's a joke"

The last thing she wanted right then was to talk to Tori about her past and emotional stuff...

Once Jade had said it was a joke, Tori took her word for it and went to go peer inside the lodge's broken window.

Jade warned, "Okay be careful so you don't cut your hand open. I don't have anything with me to collect blood right now and that would be a waste of blood" 

Tori raised her eyebrows, "Well that makes me feel very secure, thank you Jade"

Jade flashed a smile, "Anytime"

Tori put her hand on the doorknob of the lodge and Jade yelped, "Woah, what are you doing?"

"I was just gonna go inside" Tori replied, startled and slightly confused

Jade gave her a double-take, "Why? We just need to take a picture of the outside of it"

Tori smirked, "Oh come on! You don't want to see what's inside? Aren't you supposed to be the troublemaker"

Jade squinted at her in confusion, "Troublemaker what? Who says that?"

Tori chuckled, "I do. Now come on, let's go see"

Tori slowly opened the creaky door. The girls peered inside and it really did seem to be just an old dusty shed.

"I guess there isn't much to see in here" Tori said, disappointment evident in her voice

Jade said in her mocking-Tori voice, "Aww no, I didn't find any puppies or fairies in this creepy abandoned place in the middle of the woods! That's a shame!"

"I don't talk like that!" Tori cried out

Jade nodded, "Sure you don't"

"Oh that's how you wanna play, huh? Really is it?" Tori reached over to try and tickle Jade

"Hey watch it Vega!" Jade said, laughing as Tori grabbed her

Jade stepped backwards and a giant mop fell to the side crashing into a cabinet drawer that was on a flimsy shelf which then fell through through yet another now-broken window . 

The girls stood still for a second and then Tori fell back onto an old sofa, belly-laughing and she pulled Jade down with her.

"No this thing isn probably infested with bugs!" winced Jade as she tried to pull away from Tori's arms

Jade looked down at Tori's eyes and realized she was right above her in her arms. She froze for a second, gazing at Tori and she could have swore Tori's eyes flickered to her lips. 

Jade quickly stood up, nearly tripping over herself, "Okay, umm I think we found the lodge" she ran a hand through her hair to fix it's messiness 

Tori sat up too, "Yeah, you're right. We found alot of good photos though"

Jade cocked her head, "We just found one?"

Tori stammered, "Right, right, I don't know what I'm saying. Let's go find the rest" 

"Sounds good" said Jade, following Tori out and back into the woods again.

"You remember which direction we came from right? It was over there wasn't it?" asked Tori pointing

Jade faltered for a second, not remembering too well herself either, "Umm yeah it had to have been right?"

Tori nodded, "Yeah, I'm sure it is, let's go"

The girls walked along through the darkness, having no idea of the large furry creature that wasn't too far up ahead