055 - I Fucked Up.

Start from the beginning

"I'm Apologizing," Jidenna answered me, remaining on his knees. My heart clenched in my chest, and the tears that had been welling up in my eyes began to drop in beads.

I wasn't ready for him to apologize.

"No–" I shook my head.

"Hilary please, it's all I have," He still had his hands held up, letting me know that he was totally and completely at my mercy.

God...

"No–" I repeated, shaking my head vigorously.

"You deserve so much more than just a measly apology from a FUCK UP like me after everything I did to you, but it's all I have. I wish I had so much more to give you, but I-It's all I h-have to g-give,–

All I can say is that I AM SO SORRY..."

His voice trailed off, his words breaking as sobs escapes his lips.

Jidenna was crying.

For the first time ever, I was seeing Jidenna Okojie cry.

Dear God...

"Jidenna, get up!"

He didn't.

"I fucked up," He said, his voice echoing through the hallway, loud enough for everyone and anyone to hear. "I fucked up so bad and I hurt you so terribly,"

I wiped my hands over my face, trying to stop the tears, but they didn't stop. And neither did Jidenna because he continued like he never stopped.

"You didn't deserve any of what I made you go through. You didn't deserve all the pain and heartache I made you go through Hilary. All you did was care about me and I repaid you by breaking your trust, taking our friendship and relationship for granted.–"

Oh, God...

"–I ruined everything because that's what I do. I ruin things and I run away like the stupid coward that I am. A stupid, stupid coward."

I couldn't stop the tears from cascading down my eyes like a torrent now.

"You didn't do any wrong, Hilary. You've never done anything wrong. The only mistake you've ever made was caring for a Fück Up like me because God knows, I never deserved it. I still don't deserve it."

My heart broke.

I wasn't supposed to be affected like this. I wasn't meant to be crying like this. But I couldn't help it. No matter how much I tried to focus on everything negative, all I could hear was the plea, the desperation... the utmost genuinity in Jidenna's voice... in his eyes.

He was breaking through my walls and I hated it. I hated it so much.

It's a lie! It's a lie!

And just when I thought all he was going to do was apologize...

"Beauty was right, I cheated on you with her," He dropped the bombshell, eliciting a big outburst from everyone.

Fück!

My eyes widened like saucers.

"Jesus!"

"So, Beauty wasn't chasing clout that day!"

"I said it! I knew there was something off about the way they shut her up."

"Omo! So Jidenna was actually the one that cheated on Hilary, not the other way round!"

"Wickedness!"

"All men are scum! Feminist for life!"

Insults and attacks flew out from corners of the hallway aimed at Jidenna. I, on the other hand, could not stop staring at him, wide-eyed, stupified beyond all comprehension.