055 - I Fucked Up.

Start from the beginning

It was painful because I wasn't supposed to care. I wasn't supposed to care what was going on in his mind, wasn't supposed to care about whatever he wanted to say to me. All I wanted was for him to put an end to whatever charade this was.

I wanted him to stop all this!

"What the hell do you think you are doing?" I whispered harshly, my tone warning – threatening.

He needs to stop. I need to walk away.

But I couldn't as much as take a step.

"Closure," He answered me.

My heart picked up a faster beat at that word and goosebumps sprouted all over my skin. My hands began to shake so vigorously that I had to clench my fist.

No.

"Jidenna–" I warned- no, pleaded.

"Let me give you closure, Hilary," He begged me, but I shook my head.

I'm not ready.

"S-Stop." My voice was beginning to quiver now, sobs rising in my chest, tears welling up in my eyes. I had to pause my lips because it was quivering too much.

I need Jidenna to stop. I need to walk away from this.

Then why can't I fucking move?

"Please, let me..."

He moved even closer, his hands still held up in surrender like he wanted to keep assuring me that he wasn't going to do anything to hurt me. His gaze filled with so much plea, so much sadness, and desperation that not only kept me still frozen to my spot but also had me automatically tongue-tied.

I should not be affected by this. I shouldn't be getting affected like this. I chanted in my mind, willing my legs to walk away.

Nothing.

"Jidenna–"

I didn't know what more to say, and I couldn't even say more because every word I was trying to will my tongue to mutter, every breath I had in me was knocked right out of me by what he did next... causing me to gasp in utmost shock.

Jidenna Okojie went down on his knees, right there and then... in front of the entire class,

And that definitely sparked up an uproar from the once quiet vicinity.

Everyone started talking at the same time, expressing their shock in one way or another. But I was too shocked to focus on the voices or anything anyone was saying. All I could do was stare down at Jidenna's kneeling frame that was just a few feet away from me, my eyes wide and my mouth agape.

BLOOD OF JESUS!

BLOOD OF JESUS!

BLOOD OF JESUS!

My heart was hammering fiercely against my chest, heaving with so much intensity. My lips were quivering rapidly, my hands were shaking in a frenzy that no amount of clenching of my fist could stop it.

This was the time to muster whatever little courage I had left and run for my dare life, but I swear, I was petrified, stock-still to the group beneath my feet. Jidenna had me trapped in this spot and he wasn't even holding me.

I couldn't move.

Jesus.

"What the hell do you think you are doing? Get up!" I whispered-yelled. My mind wasn't settled enough to know if everyone had stopped talking, but I could feel their eyes on me.