Chapter 4

Short chapter because the kids don't have much showtime in this episode.

--------

S6 E10 „Haley's 21st birthday"

Heather, Luke and Manny were in the Dunphys living room, just relaxing and fooling around a bit. The family had celebrated Haley's birthday that afternoon and their young neighbour had been invited as well. Heather had been surprised when the oldest Dunphy had texted her a couple days prior to invite her, but gladly had come with a self-made bracelet as a gift the birthday girl had gushed over. Now all the adults (with the exception of Jay and Phil) had gone out to celebrate that Haley was now legally allowed to go into bars and drink (although Heather was pretty sure the oldest Dunphy child had done so for long time already) and all the teens were left behind, mainly to look after Lily.

In the living room Luke held up a toy gun, aiming it at Mannys head. He was supposed to aim at the apple on the Latinos head, but Heather had a feeling that wasn't his goal at all. Looking up from the fashion magazine she was browsing through she grinned when the toy bullet hit Manny's glasses. He sighed exasperatedly. „You're 0:3. You keep hitting me in the face!" Luke grinned smugly „Or am I 3:3?" The Latino frowned. „Then what's the point of the apple?" The other boy shrugged. „Keeps you from moving." Manny angrily took the apple from his head and Heather giggled as Lily entered the room. „Hey guys." She greeted, and Heather put away her magazine, greeting her with a „hey sweetie.". Sitting down on the armrest of the armchair Heather was currently occupying the little girl then asked „do you know where babies come from?" Manny shook his head good naturally. „Lily, that's not an appropriate question." She brushed some hair behind her ear, urging „come on, do you know or not?" The Latino thought for a moment before answering. „Yes, the stork brings them."

Lily looked at him unimpressed, pointing with her thumb towards Luke. „This dork?" Heather snorted, pulling the girl into her lap and Luke looked at the girls offended. Manny grinned. „Good stuff. Hey Lily, how about something to eat? You want some chicken nuggets?" He offered, to what she agreed. So Manny left the room and Lily turned towards her cousin. „So do you know how babies are made?" Luke nodded with a grin. „Yap; and I'll tell you." He sat down on the couch. „But first you're gonna need a pen and a bagel." Heather, who was only guessing what he was planning to tell her, gasped. „Luke!" He looked at her in confusion. „What? She's gonna need to take notes and I'm hungry." She shook her head with a wry smile.

.

.

A couple minutes later Heather and Lily were still sat on the armchair, with Luke now kneeling before the coffee table; two red solo cups before him and a plushy in each hand. „Okay, so a boy and a girl meet at a frat party, and both think each other is totally hot." He threw his classmate a glance, who cocked a brow. Talking about a couple drunkenly having sex at a party was not exactly appropriate for a child. But she was dying to see were this was going. Luke continued. „So they pound their beers, and head upstairs-„, „Luke!" He was interrupted by Manny coming back into the room. „Stop!" He put the plate with the chicken nuggets on a side table. „She is not hearing this from you." Luke frowned. „Why not?" Manny gave him an exasperated look. „You're too immature!" Luke angrily got up, childishly proclaiming „I'm not immature, butt face!" He glanced at Heather again and swallowed, before continuing „so how would you explain it?"

Manny took the cat ballerina plushy from Lukes hand. „Well, I would say they meet through friends. And after dating for an appropriate amount of time he takes her to a romantic French bistro. Then maybe, if the mood is right-„, „Maybe?" Luke now interrupted, holding up his monkey plushy. „I just bought you a big French dinner!" Manny franticly shook his head. „That was your choice! I owe you nothing!" Lily and Heather exchanged a confused look, but the older girl had to admit this show was kinda interesting. The boys seemed to really grow into their roles. „Your hand was on my knee the whole time!" Luke now complained. „What was I supposed to think?" Manny's face fell into disbelief. „I was expressing affection, not signing a contract! This date is over!" Luke playfully moved his plushy towards Manny's. „Come on, sexy. Don't be like that. Make a baby with me." Heather blinked, muttering „this is disturbing on so many levels."