CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

Start from the beginning

"What?" She frowned, "we live in some magical castle with talking ghosts, I don't think a talking statue is too much to ask, is it?"

"Well, if they talk, they should get to it." He prodded one of their feet. "Talk."
"I think they would appreciate some politeness, perhaps some manners even." She rolled her eyes at his useless attempt, "you've got my back, right?" She asked him as she turned to face the statue.

"Always Astoria."

Breathing a sigh of relief, that she was at least safe from one direction of danger, she looked up at the statue. "Hello, you look lovely and..." she paused, "bronze."

Theo laughed behind her, stifling his laugh in his sleeve.

"We were just wondering, you know, after admiring your lovely shine," she looked the statue up and down, "if you had happened to see anyone in here recently. Perhaps just before we came in...." She trailed off, waiting uncomfortably.

"Astoria, I think we are at a loss here."

She ignored him, "it would be greatly appreciated if you could help us." She wrinkled her nose, "please?"

"Gone two minutes and she's already insane."

Astoria turned around jumping, Theo lifting up his wand at once, "Expelliarmus!"

"Mate, check who you're hexing before you hex, you idiot." Draco bent down, picking up Daphne's wand before handing it back to her.

"No luck with us." Daphne said, walking over to her sister, "everything okay?" Astoria nodded, but Daphne gave her a hug, whispering gently in her ear, "you're doing so well, I'm proud of you."

As much as it touched her, Astoria was perfectly fine.

"Enough of that." Theo shook his head, "look if they were just here how long did it take us to get to the Armoury?" He looked to Draco.

"Three minutes?"

"Where could they have gone in three minutes?"

"It would help if we had two of that map," Astoria said, trying to picture it in her head, "there weren't any tunnels in here were there?"

"Don't think so, unless they've gone up in the pipes, you know, since they are Basilisks." Draco laughed remembering Blaise's earlier comment.

"Where the fuck are they then?" Theo raised his voice, "they were right bloody here!"

"Maybe there's a secret passage that isn't on the map?" Daphne suggested, "I don't know how old the map is, but it could make sense..."

"We don't really have another choice," added Astoria, "let's see if we can find anything."

"Want to ask the statue first?" Theo glanced at her bronze friend with a toothy grin.

"Piss off Theo."

Theo grabbed his heart, falling to the floor, "Astoria, how could you?"

"Get up." Draco grabbed his arm, "let's all stick together for now."

"Yeah I can't handle crazy Astoria on my own."

"Theo." Daphne said sternly, "that's enough."

"It's fine" Astoria said quietly to Theo once Daphne had stepped ahead of them, squeezing his shoulder.

"Check the walls, the floors, the windows."

"Press everything, we don't really have any clue, so...."

Daphne was right, they had no idea, none at all. All of them got to work, pressing at floorboards, checking for anything lose, pressing the bricks on the wall in a futile attempt.