Chapter Three

Astelle didn't know what to say.

"And Miss Cheerilee said that she has autism. What in Equestria is that supposed to be? Does that mean she'll be a blank flank forever"?

Diamond Tiara snottily pointed her hoof at Astelle while laughing.

Astelle titled her head to the side in confusion.

"Um...no"?

The two young fillies laughed at her and then walked away, teasing her as they left.

Astelle didn't understand what was going on.

How could those fillies be so mean to her?

Didn't they know any better?

She felt a few tears falling down her cheek as walked over to a bench and sat down.

"I-I can't help it. It's just the way I am".

A few moments later, the sound of something she'd never heard of before and rang through her ears.

Astelle wiped the tears from her face as she looked at what was in front of her in surprise.

It was a royal carriage.

The entire thing consisted of pink and blue sparkles with a crystal design.

As it came to a complete stop, two Royal Guards stepped off on a red carpet.

One was a Crystal pony and the other was a Pegasus.

Then, someone else appeared before her.

A pink alicorn with yellow, bright pink, and purple mane and tail walked out along the red carpet.

Her wings were a lighter shade of pink with a light purple at the end, and she had vibrant light purple eyes that seemed to sparkle like that of a crystal.

"You must be Astelle. Luna and Celestia said that you'd be here waiting".

She smiled, and then offered a hoof to shake.

Astelle cowered back for a short minute before slowly reaching out her hoof to greet the ruler and protector of the Crystal Empire.

"My name is Princess Mi Amore Candeza. But you can call me Princess Candence".

The alicorn said kindly, taking a formal bow.

"Princess Celestia and Princess Luna have royal duties to finish this afternoon, so they asked me to let you to stay with me at the Crystal Empire until tonight".

Princess Cadence went on to explain.

Astelle listened to every word that had been said.

The Crystal Empire?

It wasn't familiar to her at all.

Luna and Celestia had mentioned that they would be going there for a visit at some point, but their schedules had changed a little since her first day living in Canterlot.

The princess of the Sun did one-on-one magic lessons with her each and every day of the week, except on weekends, where Astelle could have fun and enjoy herself.

Each and every night, Luna spent some quality time with Astelle, teaching her all about the beauty of the night and how to overcome one's own fears.

In order to make sure everything worked with their schedule, the Royal Sisters decided to share their duties so they wouldn't feel stressed or overtired.

"I can show you around if you'd like. Life in the Crystal Empire is wonderful. I think you'll enjoy it".

Princess Cadence smiled once more, and her grin grew bigger when Astelle accepted her offer.

After putting her diary in her school bag, Astelle followed the Crystal Princess to the royal carriage, with the red carpet closing in behind her.

The Royal Guards followed them into the carriage and then, the two Pegasus stallion began to take flight.