Chapter 5 | history in the making.

Back at the museum today, you were met with an interesting sight that wasn't there before. One of the hallways was blocked off with tape and a sign reading 'coming soon'.

Upon closer inspection, you read that they were planning to open a observatory theatre, one that projected stars and planets onto the roof and played educational videos about space. It seemed interesting, and rather exiting since the museum didn't have a space exhibit yet. Among all the ancient civilisations, fossils and animals there was yet to be something about space. You hoped it'd be open before the year ended so you could draw some of the space displays in there.

"Larry when do you think this will be finished?" You asked as he unlocked the minis from their exhibits.

"The construction guys say around 6 months. Since some of the stuff they need is already there, really I'm just curious and slightly worried about what exhibits are going to come to life in there" he said.

The minis began to climb from their exhibits and wander around, off to do their own thing. But of course where there's Larry, the cowboy-Roman duo weren't far behind.

"What's all this Gigantor? You break something?" Jedediah asked, approaching the ledge by the taped off doorway.

"The daytime guards put it up today, there's going to be space exhibit" Larry replied.

"Space? That sounds rather interesting, I'd like to see all the constellations I've heard stories about" Octavius added, joining the group crowded around the doorway.

The Roman's did have their fair share of legends about the stars, you were sure Octavius would enjoy this when it was open.

"I wonder if they'll have a presentation on mythology? There's a lot of star myths" you pondered.

"Indeed, like the zodiac and various sky gods. It'll be interesting to see what they do in there" Octavius added.

"Hey (y/n), we drawin tonight?" Jedediah asked.

"Not tonight, I have to finish part of my project. Tomorrow though, you two can cause Larry havoc tonight" you joked.

"Don't encourage them-" Larry sighed.

Too late, the duo already had a cheeky grin on their faces, forming the nights fun plan that was definitely not going to end in a mess.

The project you had to finish was the one you were working on when you found out about the museums secret, the sarcophagus drawing. In all the chaos you didn't get to finish the background. So you wandered your way over the the Egypt exhibit to finish it, and were met with the Jackals standing guard at the entrance, their weapons crossed in front of you not letting you pass.

"Uhh... hi? It's me, from before. I'm not gonna do anything other than draw so... can you let me in?" You asked.

They looked at each other, not taking any orders from anyone but Ahk. It was silent a moment, before the voice of the pharaoh said something in his long dead language of ancient Egyptian. You weren't exactly sure what era of ancient language he spoke, but the command worked and the guards stepped back.

Walking in, you found the Pharaoh folding.. or more like rolling up his mummy wraps and setting them aside for the night. Rather to be wearing his formal attire.

"Good evening (y/n), drawing today?" He asked.

"I have to finish my picture from earlier so no classes today. But if it's ok with you, I'll be hanging out in here to finish my sarcophagus picture" you asked.

"It's no trouble at all, actually I was wondering what the finished product would look like"

You went back to the place you'd been sitting on the day you accidentally trespassed the museum, and pulled up the page you were yet to finish. Ahkmenrah looked over your shoulder and admired the picture, even though it wasn't finished.