𝟘𝟝. 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨

Benimaru and Koshi walked in silence as they head to their destination. It was a forest south on the outskirts of Asakusa.

"Must be a very serious conversation if you're taking me this far out," Koshi said taking a look at her surroundings.

Not a person was in sight, only a few birds could be heard chattering in the trees. Since it was springtime nature was vibrant and calming. The trees were a fresh green color as their leaves fully grew back on their branches. The sun was out and bright so you could see the sun rays peak through the areas where the leaves didn't conjoin.

"Here."

Koshi turned her head upon hearing Benimaru speak to her. She looks past him to see an open field not covered in trees. On the ground laid white and red wildflowers that danced in the wind. "Wow..."

Koshi walked past him and into the field. "This place is... beautiful."

Her back was turned to Benimaru who said nothing. The wind stopped and so did the flower's movements, leaving nothing but silence.

"Perfect place for you to kill me, huh?" Koshi said.

She didn't turn around. However, she did know that Benimaru was behind her pointing his index finger behind her neck as his flame was ignited on the end.

"You knew I was going to, huh?" Benimaru stated.

"I mean, you made it very clear that you hate me," Koshi replies.

"Hate is an understatement."

Koshi was quiet. She knew what he was planning to do the moment they left town, leading her away to a secluded area. She also knew there was only one reason why he would...

"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐈 𝐚𝐦, 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮?"

"No, I know what you are," Benimaru said. "You're an Infinite. One with the same last name and appearance as her."

Koshi was quiet as Benimaru continues.

"You obviously can't be her, so you have to be related to her," Benimaru's eyes narrowed. "Did you expect to come here and believe you could kill me and Konro because of what we did to your home?"

"But it wasn't you and your lieutenant that destroyed my home," Koshi corrected. "And yes, I am related to 'her'... She's my mother."

Benimaru readied his flames.

"And no, I'm not here for revenge."

"Bullshit," Benimaru snapped. "Why would I believe you?"

"Because the real person who took my mother and destroyed Siezuno is already dead," Koshi simply explained. "So there's really no point. And it's not going to give me peace."

Koshi sighs. "Besides. I know that the reason my mother was killed is because she committed an unforgivable crime. She also knew that what she did was wrong. That's why she let Company 7 find her."

"In your home village, that she ran to when the crime was in a different place?"

"She wanted to inform me about it," Koshi frowned. "She also wanted to tell me goodbye."

"Then care to explain why the other Infinites tried to escape?"

"Because my mother was the criminal, not them," Koshi explains. "And considering how prejudice people are about us Infinites, she knew they would use her crime as a reason to punish the other Infinites who had nothing to do with her actions."

Benimaru was the kind of person to never let anyone harm the people of Asakusa, Konro included. Upon hearing Koshi's last name, he immediately was on the offensive and did not want to waste time disposing of a threat.