chapter 14: {cursed}

(sorry if the order is wrong)

*with alice*

She couldnt believe it, why did she not say anything? So stupid. She liked robin. She really did. But she couldnt.
She decided to phone robin at her work to ask ro hang out.
Ring ring
Ring ring
Ring-
"hello we are family video, steve here, what can i do for you?"
"oh hey steve, is robin there? Its alice." she said shyly
"oh, yeah sure one second."
She heard steve shout robins name as she came to the phone.
"yes?" Robin asked
"hey Robin." Alice replied
"Alice?" Robin said nervously
"Yeh , I just want to say I'm sorry for how I acted." Alice said causing Robin to shut her eyes tight regretting everything.
"Yeah no I'm sorry it's my fault I-" Robin started until Alice cut her off.

"no, robin." alice continued "its not that  don't want to go out with you, its just my mom. Shes really against it." alice said sadly.

"oh. yeah i understand, i just really want to be friends again." robin asked

"i would like that." alice smiled.

*back with eddie, mackenzie decided to stay with him while the others went back to check in with their parents so they knew they were okay.*

They said about a meter away from eachother, silently. oppisite eachother. Not saying a word, it was awkward because neither of them knew what to say.

"are you okay?" mackenzie asked

"pretty far from it, mack." he said shaking

"did you just call me mack?" she laughed quietly

"sorry, it just kinda came to mind." he chuckled back

"okay munson." she rolled her eyes playfully.

"why did you stay with me?" he asked, still holding the broken glass bottle in his hand tightly.

"because, i dont want you to die from jason or someone coming to kill you." she said

"aw you care if i die." he smirked sarcastically

"dont get too cocky munson." she chuckled

they both laughed and stared into eachothers eyes from oppisite eachother, gazing into eachothers eyes. Eddie slowly ungripped the hold on the bottle. 

He felt safe. 

Suddenly the silence was broke with Steve, Nancy, Robin, Syd,Alice , Max and dustin bursting through the door. Eddie tightly gripped the bottle again, standing up infront of mackenzie, not knowing who it was. He was so keen to protect her without even noticing. He didnt waste a second. She noticed and stood up behind him, smiling slightly trying to hide it. They defintly noticed because robin laughed and said.

"are we intruding something?"

"what? no!" both of them started getting defensive

"anywayyyy, mackenzie you need to come with us. We need your help with this." dustin said.

"i dont think i should leave him alone though?!" mackenzie argued as eddie walked closer to her.

"ill be fine just...be quick yeah?" he asked looking down at her with a worried look.

"okay." mackenzie said leaving with the rest as eddie stayed.

***

they all got into steves car, bundling ontop of eachother, they were driving for a while until they saw police lights go past, the followed them until they got to a part of the woods where the police were being interviewed by the press.

"we have a good instinct that our main suspect is, Eddie Munson. If you have any information or contact with him, please inform us urgently." they said

"shit." dustin said as they all got out the car

mackenzie walked away pushing her fingers through her hair roughly. 

"hey you okay?" steve came over and asked

"fine, lets just go. we are loosing time." mackenzie got back in the car.

syd sat next to her and smiled, slowly holding her hand , reasurring her it will be okay. Mackenzie smiled sadly back and held her hand back. 

"We need to figure out whats happening, now." nancy said

they all made a plan on whos going with who. Nancy , robin and alice went to the library and figured out that victor kreel was the colprut of the killings.

"we need to ask victor what happened." nancy started

"who though?" robin asked

"me and you?" nancy asked causing alice to look at robin jealously.

"yeah okay." robin said , they started walking out the door until alice ran up to robin and pulled her aside by the hand.

"be safe okay?" she said looking up at robin

"you too." robin smiled walking to nancy, leaving alice.

When they got back , they explained everything, how victor didnt murder his family and it was actually vecna. 

"how do we stop him though?" steve asked

"get to the upside down?" nancy said

"sorry what?" syd and alice asked however mackenzie didnt weirdly causing everyone to be confused.

Dustin  quickly explained  everything causing syd and alice to be shocked.

Then mackenzie turned around to see max, with her eyes rolled to the back of her head, standing completely still.

"max...?" she asked walking slowly towards her.

everyone crowded around her as she was in her trance.

suddenly she jumped and fell to the ground.

"shit max!" mackenzie grabbed her , hugging her tightly.

"what happened?" mackenzie said holding maxs face as max looked around frantically.

"its vecna.. he wants me next." she said causing everyone to freeze in shock.

"no.." mackenzie said

"i dont know how long i have." max said causing mackeznie to back away.

*the next day*

All the group was staying in the wheelers house, they all slept peacefully. Syd was laying on steves chest on the sofa, robin and alice were slanted sitting up, heads leaning on eachother , max and mackenzie fell asleep, with max in her arms. She felt a need to protect max with her life. After what happened to her little sister.

They all slept peacefully until a loud sound came out the walkie talkie. 'Hey? Anybody?' eddies voice emerged.

Mackenzie sat up frustrated and tired and replied 'hey its mackenzie.' she said tiredly

'mackenzie, Hi!' he said excited

'whats up eddie?' she asked rubbing her eyes.

'Just wondering if someone could pick me up a six pack?' he asked

mackenzie groaned and eddie took that as a answer.

'i miss you.' he said quietly

'huh?' she asked even though she heard him fine

'nothing.' he said

'okay..we will pick you up one.' mackenzie said ending the line.