Ch 8: You came like a dream (8)

"Yes?"

"This sister is a very capable person."

There was no wavering in her voice at her self-introduction. The truth in it was emphasized even more in a very calm tone. Ronell stared at the person holding her and held her breath.

A simple promise was engraved in the child's mind, whose dream was to 'get out of the house'.

"So I can make your dream come true. I'll do it again, so think of it as a dream for now."

"......"

"It will become a reality soon."

Although she still couldn't believe it, Ronell nodded first. Then she changed her posture and hugged Acilla's neck more stably.

Acilla listened to her stuttering while she introduced herself.

"Erm... I-I'm."

"Hm?"

"Thank you for saving me... I liked that. Uh, but I can't use Artes's last name. I'm sorry."

Why not be glad that you can't? Acilla, who reflexibly thought so, was able to face the depressed child.

Oh, I can read the thoughts running in this little head of hers. I made it clear that she would become one of the richest people in the Ederka Empire.

She didn't seem to realize it yet.

"T-there is very little I can do well."

"......"

"The a-animals seem to like me a little bit."

Ronell muttered a little as if she was making a confession, and Acilla remained silent with a feeling of wanting to hear it.

"Oh, I also have thick hair."

It hurts a bit when it's plucked, but it grows back quickly.

As the child mumbled, Acilla grinned at what she added. I should come back alone someday and grab that woman by the hair.

"And."

Ronell continued to ponder seriously, and eventually bowed her head down.

"No, I'm sorry. I'm not good at anything-"

Meow.

Acilla fixed her arms around Ronell at the shrill cry from below.

"I-I'm sorry."

Is her self-introduction finally over? As she peeped into the gap, Acilla tried to open her mouth, but Ronell spoke faster.

"I-I'll still try."

"......"

"Please don't throw me away if you can..."

I don't know what my butler is talking about—a harsh cry resounded through the night air.

The cat was angry. Meow meow mew mew, it was crying in a variety of ways.

"Baby."

"...Yes."

Acilla muttered as she glanced at the pet cat of a wealthy family at her feet.

"Your cat."

"Yes."

"It's a money-spending beast."

Ruby, who was struck by a sudden lightning bolt, raised its foot and hit Acilla's shoes. Whether or not it clawed hard at her, Acilla kept a relaxed expression.