Family Game Night Pt. 2: Monopoly

After their game of Uno the gang decided to call over a few more players because Monopoly is of course more fun with more people. So they got their friends April, Cassandra and Casey to come join them, and they managed to convince Draxum to play too (only because Splinter was playing though)

So with their squad now together they began to set up the game of Monopoly. They all picked their characters, handed everyone their materials and then had to choose someone to be the banker. In the end they settled with Raph as banker because he was the only one who wouldn't cheat with the money, which Donnie was insulted by. They then handed out the starting amount of monopoly money and began their game.

Leo rolled highest so he got to go first. He then rolled a 5 and moved accordingly. "I'd say I'm off to a pretty good start wouldn't you say?" He teased his friends, "Don't talk so soon Blue," Splinter said, "the game has just begun" said the rat with a laugh. Yeah, he was definitely up to something.

Cassandra was next up and she rolled a 4, she then moved her token one space behind Leo's. "DAMMIT!" She said, "I WILL WIN THIS GAME IF ITS THE LAST THING I DO!!" She screamed in her normal overly loud way, to which Casey shrunk away slightly at the noise. Let's just say he was still adjusting slightly.

April then patted Cassandra's back in a friendly way and rolled the dice. She also rolled a 4 and went to place her token next to Cassandra's. The game started pretty smoothly all in all, there was no real problems for the first few minutes. It was almost worrying how little conflict there had been. Everyone ended up in first at some point until everyone favourite little brother got it, and he held it.

"NO, IM NOT GONNA PAY HIM! HES A CRIMINAL!!" Shouted Leo as he was forced to pay Draxum, "Leo, just give him $300, you did land on his property" Raph tried to reason "YEAH BUT HES IN JAIL. PRISONERS DON'T GET PAID!" Said Leo as he crossed his arms stubbornly. "What's the matter brother, scared you're gonna go bankrupt?" Donnie teased, knowing his brother was already in debt due to his horribly paying job and overly expensive house. Leo glared at his twin, "Well at least I didn't spend four years going to university only to get the worst job!" Leo said "G a s p." Donnie said offended, "I'm sorry, Its not my fault I wanted an education!" He yelled back.

The twins continues to bicker back and fourth for a while, Casey giving a concerned look. He then leaned over to April "They do know this is just a board game, right?" He whispered to her. She turned her head to him "With this gang, nothing is just a game" she answered, "I see..." Said Casey, still worried. The group let their fighting go on a little longer before Raph finally broke it up and made Leo pay Draxum.

The game continued on like that for the rest of it. The twins bickering over something while poking fun at each other and then it escalating, Cassandra going on a rampage and doing decently well surprisingly, April got pretty into at one point too, and Casey just sorta watched more. He still wasn't fully comfortable with all these people. Draxum was in jail but was surprisingly in 3rd place money-wise, Yoshi was also doing really well, he had managed to steal 1st place from Mikey, but he still held a solid 2nd. Raph was just playing like a normal person, and not attempting murder like his two younger brothers were.

The game was now almost over, and it was a close call for some. Leo had gone in debt and bankrupt so he was out for a bit now, Raph followed after. Cassandra also became bankrupt eventually and was out, and then Casey and Draxum. April lasted a little longer but she soon joined everyone else having gone bankrupt. It was now down to just Splinter and Mikey.

"Come on Mikey! You can beat him!" April said as she cheered her little brother on, Draxum also gave Mikey some words of encouragement, as well as a few to Yoshi as well. Leo then eventually went to go grab some popcorn to watch the finale of the Monopoly game. They all watched intently to see who would come out of this game as the champion.

The crowd was tense as the final roll was played. The dice rolled to reveal a 1. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" Mikey exclaimed, "I WAS SO CLOSE! I WAS THERE" He sobbed as he slammed his fist on the floor. He then handed over the last of his money to Splints, and solemnly accepted defeat.

Splinter on the other hand was smug as ever, the old rat definitely cheated somehow but I suppose we will never know how. He smiled and laughed, "Now who is the monopoly champion!" He exclaimed. Everyone sighed, "Splinter" they all said in disappointed unison. "I can'ttttt hear youuuuuuu~" said Splinter, to which everyone sighed louder. "Splinter. Splinter. Splinter." They chanted. Let's just say Splints was as humble a champion as Leo was, which for the record, is not humble.

By the time the game was over it was already almost midnight, so they decided to sit down on the couch and watch a Lou Jitsu movie since Splinter did win. Leo and Donnie sat side by side sharing popcorn while Casey snuggled up next to Leo as well, with April and Cassandra on his other side. Raph and Mikey sat on the floor together and Splinter sat on top of Draxum since there was no where else to sit really.

They then turned on the movie, and relaxed the rest of the night.

-leo