Chapter 185 - Good News!

Start from the beginning

Just like the doctor originally said to Lena and Kara, Lillian was taken out of her medically induced coma after a couple of days, but she is yet to wake up. The doctors have told Lena that it will take some time, and to not worry if it takes a week or two. That, however, has not stopped Lena from worrying, and from sitting by Lillian's bedside, wanting to be there when her mother wakes up.

Right now, it's close to 7PM, the time when visitation to the hospital ends. Lena, however, has managed to get a bit of leeway with her visitation after making a very large donation to the hospital. Lena isn't usually one to use her money to buy herself favours, but in this case, she is not above it at all. This means that currently Lena is sitting by Lillian's bedside, just waiting, and hoping her mother wakes up.

A few moments later, the door to Lillian's room opens, and Kara comes walking in.

"Kara?" Lena says, surprised, "What are you doing here? Who's watching Morgan and Alura?"

"Eliza." Kara explains, "She came down from Midvale this afternoon, to spend time with us, and support us all after everything that happened. I put the girls to bed, and then I thought I'd come here."

"Thank you." Lena nods.

"You know..... the girls miss you." Kara says.

"I know.... and.... I'm sorry about that.... but I have to be here..... I don't want her to wake up alone." Lena explains.

"I get it." Kara nods, and then grabs a chair and moves it next to Lena, "But, I think that you need to take a break for yourself. You have been spending almost 12 hours a day here, at the hospital, only going home to sleep. You can't keep going like this."

"I'll stop when she wakes up." Lena quickly replies, in a firm tone.

Kara sighs.

"Okay." Kara says, "But.... you should know.... Eve told me that your wedding dress designer left a message. Your dress is ready to try on."

Lena huffs.

"I can't think about that right now!" Lena snaps.

At Lena saying that, Kara slightly slumps in her chair.

"Sorry." Lena quickly says, "I didn't mean to snap at you like that. I.... I still do want to marry you, so much. I just....... I want Lillian to be there. I want her to see me get married."

Kara nods her head.

"Okay...." Kara says, "But..... Lena...... I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, and upset you, but..... Lillian isn't going to just go free when all this is over..... She.... she still has a 20-year prison sentence for everything she did before. That isn't just going to go away."

"But.... surely J'onn.... and Alex.... can do something?" Lena says, now with an upset look on her face.

Kara sighs.

"I don't know." Kara says, "Alex has told me that.... the FBI are already asking when Lillian can be moved into a prison hospital...."

"No. I won't let them do that! I just got her back!" Lena says, beginning to panic.

"Hey. Hey." Kara says, holding Lena tightly, "It's okay. I was just telling you what's going on. J'onn has been delaying the FBI as much as he can. But... we are going to try and work something out, alright?"

"Okay." Lena nods.

After this, Kara and Lena spend another hour just sitting there in silence, watching Lillian. Eventually though, a hospital nurse comes in to tell them that they both do need to leave now. So, Lena then just says her goodbyes to Lillian, before the two make a move to head for the exit.