Chapter 1: The Sorting Ceremony

Start from the beginning

I squint my eyes at her and give a mocking smile in response. Who the hell does she think she is? Purebloods and their egos... She whispers something to the boy next to her before turning away, the glare still faintly hanging back onto her pug-like face. 

I'm still glaring at her with disgust until Dumbledore's voice brings me back to reality. 

 "And finally, a transfer from our sister school, Snow Potter!" McGonogall announces, giving my name a little more pizazz as she makes her statement. 

As I walk up, I am immediately greeted by annoying whispers and murmurs from other students.

"Snow Potter?" 

"Harry's sister is finally here!" 

"Her eyes are more green than her brother's." 

"I heard she's really powerful." 

"She's beautiful."

I can't help but roll my eyes at some of the stupid things that I was hearing. Oh my god, a Potter, what a legend! 

I sit on the stool and the sorting hat was placed on my head. 

"Hmm... well let's see... Very clever, strong, a desire to hurt those who wronged you.. yes... Slytherin, Gryffindor and Ravenclaw are great choices."   

Well that narrows it down a lot, I thought.

"How very rude of you... I say, GRYFFINDOR!"  The whole table bursts into applause as I walk on over to the table. I sit with my two friends, Ron and Hermione, and my brother, Harry.

"Congrats Snow!" Harry cheers as he motions to the seat next to him. 

"Ready for your 4th year?" Ron questions, sounding less casual and fun than usual.  

"Why so formal?"

We all sit in silence, waiting for a reply. 

"Uh, hello? Earth to Ronald Weasley." 

"Hmm... wait what!" He stops zoning out, his eyes snapping out his daze he starts moving freely again. 

"Dude.. what girl are you swooning over now?" I tease. 

His cheeks turned a bright red as he slightly cowers. "I-" 

"Oh wait... I know! IT'S CEDRIC! I knew you were gay!" 

"Oh shut up!" Ron squeals, bumping my shoulder. 

I cackle, trying to regain my composure. Throughout the feast, I feel eyes burning in the back of my head, as if someone is trying to bear a hole in my head. Feeling frustated, I turn around to find the culprit: a guy with curly brown hair and dark brown eyes.

I stare back at him and raise my eyebrows as if to say, what?  He glares for another few seconds before turning away. 

"Another announcement students... We will be holding the Triwizard Tournament this year along with two other schools-" Dumbledore starts before getting cut off by multiple cheers.  

Once the cheering ceases, he begins introducing everyone. 

" Please welcome, the lovely ladies from Beauxbatons.." 

All the boys practically fall over on their knees while watching the veelas

All the boys practically fall over on their knees while watching the veelas. They do some weird dance performance. It's awkward, but elegant.  

"And the proud sons from Durmstrang."

They do some weird staff thing

They do some weird staff thing. It was cool, but it's clear they were trying way too hard. 

"That's Victor Krum!" Everyone exclaims. 

"Krum? I saw him a the world cup with you guys right?" I double check with the group. 

" Right..." Hermione zones out as she observes at all the foreigners pouring in.  

God will they just get to the point already. I think. 

"As you know the Triwizard Tournament will be very dangerous. If you are selected, there is no turning back. We have the Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcements to tell us a few important rules. Please welcome, Bartemius Crouch."  

There are barely any claps and I silently laugh to myself. Damn, that guy must be a jerk, he certainly looks like one. I don't pay attention until everyone went into an outrage at the minimum required age to be in the tournament. 

Well this is going to be an interesting year

When all the announcements were done, people returned to their top priority: Finishing up dessert. The time went by so quickly, and before I know it, we're all getting ready to head to the dorms. As I look up to get into the line with the rest of the Gryffindors, I see someone I recognize. Someone I haven't seen for 6 months. Someone I hoped I would never have to see again. 

Tyler. 

He is already making eye contact with me, a knowing look and a smirk playing on his face. 

I change my mind: This year is going to be hell. 

Thanks for reading! I hope you liked the first chapter. I will try to update as often as I can. Please vote if you feel like it! 

Word count: 1364