"I'm disappointed in you. This isn't how you were raised." Ugh...

"What, to work hard my entire life, and gain nothing from it? I see how you and mom work yourselves to the bone every single day, and... and still you have nothing to show for it." You said bitterly, unable to look at him.

"It's the hard work itself that's rewarding." Hah.

"I'm sure it is. Nothing like being sworn at, yelled at, and having hot coffee thrown in your face because you 'got their order wrong'. I love it." You replied, obviously sarcastic.

You despised your job.

Sure, Frank and Brett were nice, but the rest?

You were sick of it.

You wanted more in life than... that.

"Why don't you talk to him yourself? He'll tell you!" Immediately, you whipped out your phone, something which your father was clearly irritated by.

"What, a new phone too?" You groaned, found Mephiles' number, and called him.

He was quick to pick up.

"My dear? How can I help you?" Mephiles asked, and you found yourself quickly calming down just hearing his voice.

"Can you talk to my dad? It's... what we talked about earlier." You said, to which Mephiles replied with a 'certainly', and you handed your phone over to your dad, which he was clearly reluctant to speak into.
He didn't want to talk to some sugar daddy.

Disgusting.

Still, he did it.

"Good day, sir. I hear from my daughter you're her..." He couldn't even say it.

"Sugar daddy, yes. Is there a problem with this?" Mephiles sounded relaxed, uncaring for the fact someone disagreed with your relationship with him.

Even someone as close to you as your father.

But it bothered you, and so naturally, he'd take care of it.

"Yes. It doesn't teach my daughter the importance of working hard if she's given everything on a silver-, no, golden platter. I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to ask you to break things off with her. We'll return the clothes, and pay for what can't be returned." There was silence for a moment, before you heard Mephiles laugh.

It started off quietly, and gradually got louder and louder.

"With all due respect, Mr. L/N, you can't tell me what to do. You may be her father, but she's old enough to make her own decisions. If she wants to be my sugar baby, that's her choice, and I'm only more than happy to fulfil her every need." Hah! You knew Mephiles would be on your side!

"It doesn't teach her-" Your father began, though he was quickly cut off.

"I know, I know. Being a hard worker is a good trait. However, if nothing ever comes of it, what's the point? I'm simply giving her what she's owed." So that's where you got your rotten attitude.

"We're not owed anything." Your father replied, tapping his finger on the table.

"Is that so... don't you feel life is unfair, Mr. L/N? Especially with your poor wife's sudden illness... had that philanthropist not paid for it, you'd surely be one person down." Proudly, your father replied.

"It was God's doing." Silence on the line.

And after what felt like an eternity, Mephiles spoke.

"I presume you are a religious man, then?" He asked, sounding amused.

"Yes, of course." Well, well, well... this just got a whole lot more fun.

"Mr. L/N... do you truly think God sent a philanthropist to you? Who are you to Them? Their precious child? Don't make me laugh. You are one out of billions. What makes you more important than the rest?" He asked, baffling your dad.

"I figured you wouldn't be able to answer that." Mephiles said rather smugly, clearly enjoying himself perhaps just a bit too much.

"Mr. L/N. It was no philanthropist who paid for your wife's hospital care." Your dad went silent for a second, before he spoke.

"What are you implying...?" He asked, to which Mephiles replied, clearly taking pleasure in your dad's reaction.

"I paid for it. I found your poor, sweet daughter sobbing her little heart out, and I offered to pay. God does not care about you. However, I care about your daughter, and by extension, you and your wife. What happens to you, affects Y/N. And before you attempt to reason with it, saying I was sent by God, I was most certainly not. I despise them. And you would be wise to do the same. If everything is in God's plan, then your suffering was planned. Without me, you'd have lost your wife. And for what reason?" Your father was quiet, his eyes on the food before him.

"That's right. There is no reason. God has abandoned you. You're on your own. So I suggest letting your daughter live her life to the fullest, because God? They won't help. Now, if that'll be all, I'd love to talk to Y/N again." Your father just kind of... sat there, silent.

He handed the phone back to you, and while you did kind of feel bad, you also hoped that'd be the end of your dad trying to tear you from Mephiles.

Poor guy, he looked like he was having an existential crisis.

... Probably was, to be honest.

But Mephiles was right.

He tended to be.

And for that, you were happy.

The two of you finished your dinner in silence, your dad seemingly taking in Mephiles' words, and you hoped they'd go through.

You wanted to be with him.

If you had to run away or something, so be it.

Anything to be with him...