v.

( chapter ) five

( chapter )
five

JULIET DAWSON HAD ONLY BEEN allowed to commentate a Quidditch game once before.

Within half an hour she had said every swear in the English language plus more that none of the teachers had ever heard of; she was openly biased on what team she wanted to win; she kept forgetting peoples names and would just shout random things as she tried to remember and at the end of the match Juliet had told all of the Slytherins to 'Stop being miserable cunts.' because 'Gryffindor won fair and square.'

It was needless to say that she wasn't allowed to commentate again.

Everyone thought that McGonagall had lost her mind when she announced that Juliet was going to be the commentator for the first match of the season — then they all thought she needed to go to a Psychiatric ward when she told them that the first match was going to be Slytherin vs. Gryffindor.

Professor McGonagall was adamant that the girl would behave properly this time.

But as she sat next to Juliet in the commentators box, the Professor had never regretted anything more.

"McKinnon quickly passes the Quaffle to Sirius Black. He's my ex-boyfriend y'know?"

"Miss Dawson—"

"If only he was as good as playing Quidditch as he playing with my feelings. He'd be scouted instantly."

"Miss Dawson!"

"Right, sorry Professor." Anyone could tell from Juliet's tone that she wasn't sorry in the slightest. Sirius swore at Marlene while she laughed loudly at the comment, but she just shook her head with a wide grin.

The stands were painted in green and red as the students clearly showed their preferences between the two Houses playing. A lot more students were decked out in red rather than green. A constant chatter sounded from the stands and only paused for a few moments when the game became intense (both seekers had dived a handful of times).

Juliet adored Quidditch for several reasons; the freedom she felt while flying through the air; the feeling of wind in her hair and the ground far beneath her was something that she loved; she loved the excitement that came with every match and she always got the same thrill as she searched for the snitch as of her life depended on it— that thrill and excitement only growing as she caught sight of the small, golden ball and flew after it.

But one of the things that she loved about Quidditch the most was the atmosphere. She couldn't describe it but something about the air at a Quidditch match meant so much to her. She knew it was because it reminded her so much of going to watch Everton play with her dad when she was younger.