Sarada huffed, "You idiot, if only you know..."

"Know what?"

"Despite your claim to be a prodigy, you are an idiot."

"Stop calling me an idiot!"

"I would if you stop being one."

"Jerk!"

"Idiot!"

Boruto sighed, arguing with Sarada made him tired, "Why are you insisting on me to apologize anyway? It's not like Dad is angry with me 'ttebasa."

"You said Nanadaime got sick because of you being a brat, you even cheated in the prestige exam and yet you don't even have the nerve to apologize? Are you even regretting your actions? It's a common sense."

Sarada looked at Boruto who was gripping his water bottle tightly. Clearly he was battling himself to say something.

"I am regretting! It's just..."

"Well? What is it?"

"I just- it's weird, okay! I want to apologize, I really do, but how can I apologize? What should I say? Should I just say 'Hey Dad, sorry for being a brat that embarrassed the whole village for cheating, made aliens attack our village and put you in the hospital'?"

"Well..."

"Or should I just quit being a Shinobi?! How can I face my Dad like usual when I am the cause of him being hospitalized?!"

"Calm down, now you just talking nonsense. No one says that you should quit being a Shinobi."

"Why not? Everyone is blaming me anyway. I am embarrassing the village for cheating."

"Come on, you know that's not true. Everyone can make a mistake. What more important is that you regrets your action."

Boruto drank his water silently, refusing to continue the conversation.

Mitsuki who was watching both his teammates silently while resting under a tree, spoke softly to Boruto, "If there is a consolation in my words, Nanadaime is an extremely kind man. He went far lengths to save a traitor who tried to kill him, even sacrificed his arm just to save him from darkness. Most Shinobi's village would kill traitors without any hesitation. No offense, Sarada."

Sarada blinked. "N-none taken, I guess..."

"My point is that it is not hard for you to ask forgiveness from Nanadaime, since you are his own flesh and blood."

Boruto stretched as he stood up, ignoring two sets of eyes trained on him, "See you guys tomorrow."

"We will have a meeting at the Hokage office tomorrow, don't be late!"

Sarada grumbled as she saw Boruto waved lazily at her reminder before she turned to Mitsuki, "Can we just hit him on the head for being an idiot?"

"A hit on the head wouldn't help, Sarada. It probably make his idiocy worse."

0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0

Uzumaki's residence...

A delicious smell put a smile on the blond-haired genin as he entered his house.

"I am home! What's for dinner, Mom?"

"Welcome home, Boruto!"

Boruto blinked as he entered the kitchen, a sight of his father wearing his mom's apron as the Hokage chopped the onions.

"Dad?"

"You are home early. Did the training go well today?"

"Uh... Yeah, I guess...What are you doing?"

Naruto blinked at Boruto, "I am cooking?"

"You know how to cook?"

"Now that just hurt. I do know how to cook 'ttebayo."

"How would I know that? You never at home to cook before..." Boruto clamped his mouth before he silently went upstairs, leaving a dumbfounded Naruto at the kitchen.

The genin went to his room, closing the door with a soft click. He dropped his body on the bed and covered his eyes with his arm, a single tear fell on his face.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid..."

0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0

The original draft was supposed to be the final chapter, but I think it's a rush ending so I decided to write more chapters.

I want to publish this after I finish writing another chapter, but my clumsy finger made me published this today. Hopefully you enjoyed the chapter.