Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 3: Trouble

Start from the beginning

Before Lin Chen could react, he got out of the car and locked the door, leaving him and Fu Hao in the car.

"Mr. Lin, please wait here for a while."

Across the car window, the police officer blew him a kiss and ran away.

Lin Chen was sitting in the jeep with the night wind passing through the window. Everything that happened today was very weird, but it was because the people he met today were very strange.

Beside him, Fu Hao trembled from the cold and whispered: "Senior brother, don't be angry, Captain Xing probably just wants to send you home. He's not a bad person. He is a quarter Russian and a quarter Italian, so he is a little unrestrained..."

"When these two lineages are mixed, they hardly create a normal person." Lin Chen said, looking at Xing Conglian's back.

Of course, Xing Conglian couldn't hear Lin Chen's evaluation of him.

As a human with a complex lineage, he is a perfect model of resilience and courage. He ruffled his hair, lit a cigarette, mixed into the crowd, and then stood beside an aunt who was wearing a dance costume.

"Auntie, what's going on? There are so many police officers." The captain of the criminal police held a cigarette, pretending to be an onlooker, and poked the aunt beside him in fear and curiosity.

"Someone died here!" The aunt leaned into Xing Conglian's ear and said in non-standard Mandarin.

"Someone died! That's quite a big deal."

"Of course, it's a big deal. I saw him every day, and even exercised with him yesterday." The aunt was very enthusiastic when gossiping, "He shouldn't be too enthusiastic. You know, he can hook both his feet to the rings, and turn himself upside down." As she said, the aunt bent down excitedly to demonstrate, "That's how it looks like, and then the ring broke, and he fell down and died!"

"That's so miserable!" Xing Conglian agreed.

"It's more than miserable, his face was so frightening at the time that his eyes were about to fall out, and his cry could be heard from ten miles away."

"You mean, after he fell down, he didn't die immediately." Xing Conglian suddenly realized something.

"No, he was still moving when we lifted him!"

..........

"The aunt just said that the ring broke suddenly, and the person did not die immediately on the spot."

Xing Conglian was by the window on Lin Chen's side, with a cigarette in his hand. Although Fu Hao felt that he was talking to himself, the words completely seemed to be for Lin Chen.

Lin Chen leaned on the back of the car seat, his eyes closed lightly, as if he had fallen into a sleep.

One person seemed to be talking to himself, while the other person was faking sleep.

Fu Hao was about to be burned by the strange atmosphere between the two, so he quickly stepped forward: "Is it an accident?"

Xing Conglian didn't answer him, but looked at Lin Chen and said, "When the forensic team's investigation is finished, we will find out."

Fu Hao felt that he was unnecessary here. Just when he wanted to continue talking, Lin Chen, who was beside him, suddenly opened his eyes, and stood up. Fu Hao followed his line of sight and could vaguely saw the place where the murder just happened.

It was dark, the police lights were flashing, and the fitness equipment glowed blue.

They are standard equipment such as uneven bars and sit-ups. Some of them were new and some were old. But there is no trace of rust or damage.

In the corner, only the ring hanger stood alone, one ring hanging in mid-air, while the other falling to the ground.

Beneath the ring hanger, which still has sporadic bloodstains, was a sandy field formed by the degradation of the grass.

Lin Chen glanced at Xing Conglian, who was so close to him that he could almost feel other man's breath.

In the darkness of the night, he saw that the police officer's eyes were still searching for something, and it seemed that he had also found clues about the sandy ground, but he wasn't able to interpret what it was.

It was the same sand.

In this city for several days, there have been cases that seem to be related to the white sand. It may be a coincidence, but it is also possible that there is a connection between them.

But Lin Chen thought: 'What does these things have to do with him?'

"I was at the police station when the crime happened." Lin Chen said, "So the murderer wasn't me."

After he finished speaking, he saw a trace of disappointment in Xing Conglian's eyes.

"I don't understand, What Mr. Lin is talking about." Xing Conglian took a breath, then threw the cigarette butt on the ground and stomped on it, and said with a smile.