Lila makes a face at me and I wink back before sticking my tongue out and licking my dad's hand which was still covering my mouth. He quickly pulls his hand away wiping it off on my shoulder. "You're such a child," he says laughing.

I give him a cheeky smile and watch as Nate and Cooper walk out of the building to join us. "Hey Dad. Hey Alex. Hey Lila." Nate and Dad have small conversation before we all head off to find something better to do.

➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵

"You look like a maniac," Dad says laughing at Nate who's currently moving his eyes all around, "You're a total crazy person." We all laugh at Nate and then Dad asks, "Is anybody else hungry? For some more, like, some more crabs, or maybe get like four more crabs? What do you think?"

We ended up at a Chinese restaurant after ditching the show. "Yes. I could eat three," Nate says excitedly.

"Or," I interject, "We could not do that because I don't feel like having to explain to the kind workers here why Nate's insides are trying to come outside, thank you very much."

"Yeah," Cooper says, "You ordered food for like 30 people."

Lila looks at Nate who was holding a piece of food up to his mouth to give himself a mustache and says, "You're going to puke if you have anymore." She points to Dad and Cooper and says, "And if he pukes, you two are cleaning it up."

"I'm not cleaning it up," Cooper says.

"Hey, you know what? You know what's right down the street? The Christmas tree. The biggest one you'll see in your life. It's enormous! You want to see that after this?" Dad asks, changing the topic from Nate's hypothetical puke.

"Yeah!" Nate says excitedly.

"Sure," I shrug, I mean, I've seen it before, Nat took me to see it one year for Christmas. She would take me on a lot of little trips like that, just the two of us, way before the blip even happened.

"Yeah! Let's go- " he's interrupted by his phone ringing. "Oh, wait, wait, wait. Momma callin'. Momma's calling, Say "Hi!"

"Hi, Mom!" we all say.

"Hey, guys! How are ya? I miss you so much!" Mom says.

"We miss you, too," Dad tells her.

"How was the show?"

"It was, uh—it's over. It was big."

"We left halfway through." Nate tells her.

"It was honestly about the same level as a high school production," I tell her, "I'm not quite sure how it managed to land on Broadway."

"Oh, no!" Mom says laughing. "You guys all good?"

"Uh, yeah, it'd be easier if you were here. I'd be less likely to strangle these kids," Dad says.

"Oh please," I say, "You couldn't kill me if you tried."

"Yeah huh."

"Nuh uh."

"Yeah huh."

"Why don't you both stop arguing about if he could kill you," Mom suggests.

"Fine," I huff.

She laughs before saying, "The whole point of this trip was for you to spend time with the kids."

"No, I'm kidding. We're having a really good time," he says as we're throwing napkins at each other. "We miss you."

"I miss you. I can't wait to see you guys tomorrow."

"Bye, Mom," I say. There's a whole chorus of 'bye, mom' and 'love you', but eventually she hangs up.