🌺 Chapter 1 🌺

Just as that strange Demon Slayer had told them to do so, Ajisaika, Tanjiro and Nezuko set off toward the direction of Mount Sagiri. However, just as they found themselves in the eye-shot of the foothills of the mountain, the sun began to peak out of the horizon, shining upon the ground – they had no choice but to find a cave for Nezuko to hide within lest she got hurt from the sunlight.

Ajisaika went out to pick some berries, using her knowledge to make sure that they did not eat something poisonous, and they got the chance to cook something for themselves to eat. Nezuko did not want any of it, which was worrying but it appeared to have to do with her being a Demon now.

"I worry about her," Ajisaika mumbled, stroking Nezuko's hair as the girl laid with her head in her lap. "I hope... we to meet the man named Urokodaki Sakonji as soon as possible,"

"Yeah..." Tanjiro agreed, looking toward his twin sisters, noticing that although Ajisaika was a bit subdued, there was no apparent sign of her breaking down.

It was a lot for someone as young as Ajisaika to take – their father who was especially particular toward her had passed away, their family had been murdered and her twin sister had turned into a Demon. Yet Ajisaika had somehow contained herself and not let herself go emotionally. He wished she did but he did not mention it out loud to her, certain she must be in shock.

"Spending morning hours hiding everyday would be unwise," Ajisaika continued. "I wonder if it would be possible to transport Nezuko-Chan on our backs? We can use baskets..."

Tanjiro had agreed with what Ajisaika had proposed, and promising that he would be back soon, he left the twin sisters in the cave to head out and see if he could fetch for them a basket for their sister. Ajisaika had agreed to keep a watch for Nezuko while he was away.

However, once their brother had left for the nearby farms, Ajisaika had turned to her twin sister, who seemed even more agitated as the sun rose higher and higher into the sky. She felt worried.

"Come here," Ajisaika said, lifting her long rosewood-red haori to let Nezuko curl up beneath it, hiding from the sunrays that misted into the cave. "Are you sure you don't want to eat anything?"

Nezuko shook her head no and just stuffed her head into Ajisaika's lap, letting her elder twin sister stroke her hair as the two of them sat in the cave. Ajisaika sighed softly, wondering how long it would take them to get Nezuko back to normal. She wished she held the world in her hand.

... I wish I had the world in my hand,
just so I could put everything right for you.

Ajisaika tried to appease her sister, whispering the Takeda lullaby under her breath to lull her to sleep. Tanjiro had not returned yet and Ajisaika's thoughts began to wander to the concept of Demon Slayers, one of whom they had seen earlier in the forest.

Tomioka Giyuu...?

That man had not made a good impression on the young girl, and as much as she was glad that he had let them go with a destination in mind, Ajisaika wasn't sure if she wanted to see him again any time soon. She wasn't sure if she wanted to meet any Demon Slayer, if they were like that.

When she had been younger, Ajisaika had admired the Demon Slayers and had wanted to be like them. But there were often occasions where villagers would tell her that they were very self-confident, to the point of arrogance.

"I wonder if that is natural," Ajisaika muttered to herself, now understanding why they must be so. "They do work hard but I do not like..." She sighed, not liking the world they were getting into.