Pain: M.H. & reader

Warnings: self harm, blade, blood, cuts

Description: Maria finds you harming late one night

Pronouns: they/them

Nicknames: darling, honey, hun, my love

Maria POV

I quietly closed the door since it was 3 AM and everyone was asleep. I'd just gotten home from some mission with Coulson. Walking up the unusually creaky stairs I heard noises coming from y/n's room. It sounded like...crying? I walked quietly into their room to determine the noises were coming from their bathroom. "Y/n? Darling are you in there?" I lightly knocked on the door. I heard a gasp and a shaky voice respond "yeah I am. I'll be out in a minute Maria" and then I heard an unmistakable noise, metal dropping on y/n's bathroom tile floor. "Y/n honey? Are you okay in there?" I asked not wanting to pressure them. "I-I'm fine just a minute" I heard them respond as I settled into a chair

 "I-I'm fine just a minute" I heard them respond as I settled into a chair

(Something like that + I claim no rights to this photo)

They came out 5 minutes later, obvious tear tracks on their face. "Come over here hun." I smiled reassuringly, scooting over to make room for y/n but they just sat down on the ottoman. "Can I see them?" I asked gently knowing what y/n was doing.

"I don't know what your talking about" y/n responded hiding their arms behind their back. "Y/n I won't be mad. I know you harm yourself honey." I spoke calmly and saw tears well up in y/n's eyes

                                        Y/n POV

  I felt my breathing quicken when Maria said she she knew. "You promise you won't be?" I asked unsure "I promise darling. Can you show me them? They need to be cleaned and bandaged" she asked and I sighed but nodded, putting my arms out for her. "C'mon let's do this in the bathroom yeah?" She said helping me to the bathroom, I cringed at the thought of her seeing the mess. "Oh honey" she sighed at the sight of the blood on the floor. "C'mon now up ya go" she said somehow lifting me onto the sink and grabbing first aid supplies. I looked away as I felt her lift my sleeves.

   "Ow fuck" I said feeling the stinging "it'll be over in a second" Maria told me as she continued doing whatever was causing the pain before somehow soothing it with some sort of cream and wrapping my arms. "All done." She told me pulling my hoodie sleeves over them again. "Why don't you go sit down in your room for a few minutes while I clean this mess up?" She suggested and I nodded settling into a small nook in the corner of my room. A few minutes later she came back out "alright my love why don't you come back with me to my room?" I nodded and let her lead me to her room.

       "I'm so sorry" I cried as it hit me  that Maria knew. "It's okay hun I'm not mad. Can you talk to me though next time? Let me help you." "I don't want to burden you" I sighed "day or night just call or come and get me I don't care. You'll never burden me. I want to help honey." She reassured me, allowing me to lay against her. "Okay... thank you Maria" I thanked her before slowly drifting off not without hearing a quiet "Sleep well darling" from Maria.
__________________________________

Hey this isn't a request but merely one I came up with to start the book. Like I said I will do mental health related things. What does everyone think?

-Brooklyn