22. A Flowers True Purpose?

Well, it's 3 AM and I have a theater field trip tomorrow. I can't sleep and I already know I'm gonna end up falling asleep during the play. But, since I can't sleep I've decided to finish my story because why not.

You weren't okay.

This morning, one of the kids in your school had been stabbed to death. Not many conversations had been shared between you two, but you had already been on a first name basis.

Troy was an outgoing boy in the band. He wasn't exactly someone you'd gang out with 24/7, but he was still decent.

The last conversation you both has consisted of sentences played together like:

"What is a flowers true purpose? I'm too sure they can't just be there to look pretty."

You knew that science was not Troy's best subject, and you two always say at the same table anyways.

"The bees need the pollen inside." You replied.

He paused his drawing inside his notebook and sighed, "Why the hell should they even matter? I'm quite positive people could live without honey and bees."

"Yes, Troy, and I'm quite positive that bees could live without humans and our ignorance, in another sense."

He hadn't replied after that, or said anything else the next few days.

So now, with your parents angry at you, and someone who you don't think you were allowed to call your friend dying, you were not okay.