After what felt like an eternity, finally, the classes got over and I ran towards our place. No matter how angry he would get but he would always sit there. Whenever we had a fight we would not talk but kept sitting there for some time.

With hopes in my heart, I ran like a mad person but the most unexpected person blocked my way. I glare at him with disgust. I was shocked to see him present there he wasn't even in our coaching. He was the last person I wanted to see after his pathetic tricks.

I tried to go ignoring him but his acidic voice reached my ears halting my steps, " You shouldn't disturb someone when they are having a good time ".

I passed him a glare and continued walking but he again blocked my way, " Don't you get the thing once, Suhani? Veer has especially asked me to stand here and don't let anyone disturb him when he is spending some quality time with someone special "

I wasn't much surprised by his words. I knew he was lying. People like him are manipulative. I was not going to trust his words.

I step a foot to move forward when he again said, " Don't forget Suhani, he is my friend. You like it or not he is like me that's why we are friends".

I ran from there with a thumping heart and hopeful eyes. Veer was not like him. I knew Veer. Shaking my head at the worst thoughts I ran up to the park to see him sitting there facing his back towards me.

My eyes shined, and I knew he was not like him.

But it was too soon to believe... As I moved toward him I found him sitting with Ashwini.

The girl I didn't like even a bit.

It was mutual dislike. She would pass me disapproving looks for God knows what and I wouldn't let it go I would too mirror her looks and soon it turned into dislike from both sides.

My heart dropped at the sight... It was our place. Our special place. And he dared to bring her here in spite of being aware of my dislike towards her.

I was fuming, I wanted to grab his collar and slap him straight on his face.

How could he?

"Veer, it's okay...Suhani " That overly dramatic girl started when he interrupted her, " Just don't talk about her, I hate that girl. She was a mistake. She only knows to play with others' emotions. I don't want to waste my time talking about a girl like her. I would never want to see her face at least not in this birth... I hate girls like her" He spoke in an acidic tone.

His words held so much hate that my heart clenched. He was not the same Veer. It was my worst nightmare that came true. I was hurt... I was broken... Beyond words.

His words left my heart burning... In pain... In agony...

How could he say that?

" Told you! He is just like me. You know what this would have gone for longer if you would have stayed away from me and let me have my ways but you dared to instigate Veer against me and he being my best friend couldn't take it. He decided to end it with you, you were nagging his mind way too much. He neither had the energy nor the will to talk to you such a bore you are." Samrat whispered in my ears.

One by one tear made their way out of my eyes.

Was I stupid to not see real Veer?
That is why he wasn't believing me because he already knew about Samrat's doing. He let him do this? He let Samrat play with those girls' emotions exactly how he played with mine.

Where did I land myself?

If he knew about all his deeds then why did he let Samrat hurt Vaidehi? 

It was too much to absorb.

" Now please help yourself out of here before he sees you and punches me for allowing you here, interrupting his moment" Samrat whispered again pushing me a little towards the exit.

Clutching my bag, I ran and ran until I reached my room.

His betrayal was eating me... Why did he do that? What did he get?

So many questions but none answered...I felt used...I felt like trash.

If I hated someone more than Samrat then it was Veer.

Both the friends came as destruction.

And that's how mine and Vaidehi's school life went in trauma. The trauma I landed in because of me.

"Oh great! You are also here. Do one thing pack your bags and you too get lost from my sight" Veer hissed looking at his hand that was holding my suitcase.

I was surprised at his words.
What led the two identical fevicol sticks to have this much dislike for each other?
As far as I remember they were inseparable.

Looking at both of them, that dreadful day was being played on my head on loop. I couldn't stand there anymore. They were giving me a headache.

I snatched my luggage from him and tried to drag it with me but he again stopped me, " Please Suhani listen to me once " He pleaded with a face that screamed he would start crying any minute.

I would have believed his acting if I hadn't known him. But I knew what an actor he can be when he wants to be.
Scoffing at him I tried to pass him when he grabbed my wrist to stop me.
With the sudden unexpected touch, I stood rooted to my place and he took it as a signal for him to say whatever he wanted to.

Before I could react, my hand was out of his grip and he fell to the floor with a loud thud.

My eyes widened at the realization, Veer had punched him. He was standing there with red eyes. His fists were clenched. He was shooting daggers at Samrat. He looked anything but calm...
Even before I could digest the scene in front of me, he launched himself on Samrat.

Endless punches and kicks. They were fighting like cats and dogs, "Veer, leave him " I tried my best to separate them but he didn't budge and kept punching his face.

"Veer stop it" I screamed but it had no effect on him.

Looking at his angry self my eyes were pouring non-stop. He is not that old Veer. He has turned into an Animal.

"Veer... Pl... Please" I tried to pull him off Samrat but he pushed me away, " Stay away from this "

"How dare you? How dare you touch her? She is my wife now. Not your girlfriend. She. Is. My. Wife. How dare you touch her? " He was insanely growling at him. I gasped at his behavior.

He never behaved like this before. What did change so much?

I tried to walk past them to call Anmol Bhai when Samrat spoke up with difficulty, "S... She... Didn't... C... Cheated... I did" 
Veer's punch stopped in the air. He looked at him stunned.

I stood there confused but it seemed Veer very well understood what he was referring to.

"Please... Please listen to me for once both of you "

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Please ignore grammatical mistakes.

Editor:- its_chahat_here ❤✨

Thanks for reading ❤.