𝐂𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞

En başından başla

And once again, Y/N was right.

"You're right." sighed the redhead, turning around. "Thank you."

Y/N's smile showed up. "I'm always right."

Sophie chuckled. "Do you need a ride home?"

"No, it's alright. You go ahead. I have to close up anyway. And Loki's coming to pick me up."

Loki.

It felt so long ago when she met him at that doomed party. One last dance before the inevitable, as she cruelly joked. Turned out that the inevitable was a memory she couldn't erase not matter how hard she tried. So, Y/N found solace in tailoring, in velvety dresses, in satin blouses and in shimmering skirts. There was a certain familiarity in the way her hands brushed the textiles, in the way the needles slipped through her fingers. Like she had done this before. Opening up a tailor shop felt as the step in the right direction, as the sun after a rainy morning.

With a peck on Y/N's cheek, Sophie was off putting her coat on and waving excitedly.

"You keep me updated on how tonight goes!" Y/N yelled after her.

"Will do!"

And then, the door closed after her with a soft clink.

Y/N turned around, regarding the room with her hands on her hips. She sighed as she crossed the room to the working desk, her heels slowly killing her feet. A few used fabrics laid around lazily, a sewing machine taking up most of the space. A scissor glinted under the low, yellow light that her cheap lamp sprayed around. Her hands started cleaning around, her skin meeting the soft fabrics.

"You know, darling, this would be easier if you would just let me help you."

His deep voice cut through the silence (and the dreading terror of cleaning up alone) and a small smile bloomed on Y/N's lips. "Pick a broom." she replied.

A sigh. "That's not what I meant."

She finally turned to meet Loki's emerald eyes, a furrow darkening them. "I know that's not what you meant, but I can't just let you do magic around. You're on Earth-"

"Midgard."

"Same thing. And you oblige to its rules. When you asked me to marry you, you knew what you were getting into."

Loki hummed, as he took a few steps closer to her, taking her hand. A soft smile crinkled the corner of his eyes, a look of adoration and sweet love taking over his features. "I did, didn't I?"

"I sure hope so. You can't take it back now." Y/N smirked. "It's too late for that."

He rolled his eyes playfully. "Oh, the horror!"

She laughed, standing on her tiptoes to peck his lips. "Tell me again how we met the first time." she whispered against him.

Loki inhaled a breath, his hands coming to rest on her waist light as swan feathers. "You were buying fabrics and I wanted to buy leather. And then you told me that wool is the better option, as winter was approaching. And then I was bewitched."

"You kept coming back for me." Y/N said quietly, her voice muffled as she let her head fall against his chest.

"That I did. And I always will." Loki said, while his lips caressed the top of her head, leaving a soft kiss there.

Silence filled the room, only the distant chatter and cars from outside entering through the confined walls. Her hands touched the back of his coat in gentle moves, much like waves would kiss the shore under the moonlight. And Loki was lost in her again. In the way her perfume got him dizzy, almost drunk. In the way, her hair never actually seemed to stay pinned up, almost stubbornly so. In the way she was still short, even when she was wearing heels. In the way her eyes sparkled when she asked him about their history, a love which had survived centuries. In the way her hands were scarred because she put so much soul in her work, bringing dresses alive. In the way she loved him. "Dance with me." he said, taking her left hand and putting the other one on his shoulder. Her ring was cold to the touch and he started smiling just at the thought of it.