"Genovia shall have no queen, unless she is bound by matrimony," Lord Palimore an old member of parliament that I have met on plenty of occasions.

"Lord Palimore?" Grandma addresses him. "That is the law of Genovia, for the last three hundred years. Princess Sophia is not qualified to rule because she is unmarried. Forgive me Your Majesty, not all of us are sure that the princess is the most suitable choice!"

I shrink back feeling disheartened to hear that not all parliament members think I am ready to assume the role of queen. I feel disappointed that all the hard work and effort I have put into my duties is not enough. Ellie looks at me sadly. I'm turned around and pulled into Ryan's chest his arms wrapping around me tightly as if to reassure me that I am enough.

I continue to listen to Parliament disheartened until I am filled with hope and dread with just one sentence. "The princess will be given thirty days to marry, or she will forfeit the throne!"

Ellie, Grandma, and I were now in the throne room, Ryan opted to wait in the room he was given saying that this was royal business. I was pacing back and forth while Grandma watched me in worry and Ellie in concern. ''Thirty days how can parliament expect me to get married in thirty days?'' I ask turning to look at my grandmother.''It's like a big trick to get me to have an arranged marriage,'' I continue to rant. Looking at the look on Grandma's face I start to shake my head more violently. ''No!'' Grandma looks at me in sadness. ''What person would agree to an arranged marriage?'' I ask turning to look at Ellie.

My best friend just raises her eyebrows at me gesturing with her eyes. I look over and sigh raising my hands to my head to try and subside the oncoming headache. ''You agreed to an arranged marriage with Grandpa,'' I remember.

Grandma smiles at me looking at the portrait of Grandpa. ''I did,'' she nods her head. '''It turned out splendidly,'' Grandma tells Ellie and I. I look at her and smile, having always loved how happier she looked when she talked about her old husband.

''He was my best friend; we grew very fond of each other. ''I now Grandma, and I love that you and Grandpa had a happy marriage, but I always dreamed of marrying for love,'' I tell her.

''You don't have to do this Sophia, you don't have to become queen,'' Grandma reminds me. I shake my head. ''Know I knew what I was accepting when I accepted my roll and princess three years ago,'' I tell her.

I turn around and look at the portrait of Dad on the wall his words in his letter that I still have to this day. ''Courage is not with the absence of fear,'' I mutter to myself. ''there are generations of Rinaldi's on these walls, and I will be up there next to my father,'' I tell both Grandma and Ellie clearly while still staring at the portrait of my father.

''I want my chance to make a difference as a ruler, just as you have and just as my father had,'' I tell Grandma turning round to face her. Grandma looks at me smiling proudly and fondly. ''Spoken like a true queen,'' Grandma tells me walking forward and placing a hand on my cheek. I smile at her leaning into her touch.

Time Skip:

Workers were rushing around trying to make everything perfect for the arrival of Lord Devereaux, all following Grandma's orders as she was dealing with last-minute adjustments in the very room, we were expecting them. I was looking in the mirror making sure that I looked presentable enough. Ellie was beside me doing the same as she is always with us as we greet newcomers into the palace.

I turn around my arm linked with Ellie's when I saw in the mirrors reflecting that Grandma was walking towards us. ''Is this good enough for the Viscount and his nephew?'' I ask her. Grandma looks over both Ellie and me and smiles. ''You both look lovely,' she tells us. I smile at her.