[ 8 ] Robots In The Sky

Start from the beginning

You couldn't stay mad at his innocent demeanor. The young kid meant well and was clearly mature enough to admit something like that. When he held out his hand to shake respectfully, you did too.

Ignoring Sonic as he and Elise looked at each other, awkwardly, you looked to Tails for answers. "So, you guys deal with Eggman all the time then?-"

Thankfully, the little fox obliged. "Sadly yes- where we are from, he's always testing new violent robots on our towns! We beat him time and time again but he just doesn't give up."

"Why don't you just lock him up in a prison?" A simple answer here in Soleanna. Even at your age you've already locked up rather crazy and illusive individuals that caused trouble in Soleanna's territory. Meanwhile Elise looked at you with a stern face, like you said something wrong.

"What?" You shrugged and looked back at her. "Don't act like people have tried to assassinate you just because you're a woman in charge Elise."

Sonic tried not to laugh at the sudden comment, which was sadly true. Soleanna was a welcoming country, but of course there were always.. How do you say these lightly... Outliers.

Tails scratched behind his ears and tilted his head, "We- uhhh don't really do that where we are from."

"Geez, how family friendly is where you're from? Must be nice."

"(Y/n) stop." Elise slapped the back of your head in an upwards motion and you flinched forwards, gritting your teeth as you were forced to be quiet by your friend, and princess of your kingdom. "Now is not the time. You were saying Tails?"

Tials nodded a thanks and continued, "Eggman is here in Soleann looking for a few of the chaos emeralds and for something else we're not quite sure of yet. Some powerful force, maybe a magic of you have that sort of thing here?"

You and Elise froze, thinking of a few of the same things. You didn't really have open magic in your kingdom, but there were certainly sources of phenomenal power. The Eternal Flame of Life, or more properly known as the Flame of the Game...

Tails caught on based on your expression, "You do have something! Is it well protected?"

"Can- we use it?" Sonic smirked, adding himself to the equation.

"NO." Both you and Elise yelled at the blue 'hero', who threw up his arms in surrender and stood to the side.

"I met someone else while we were separated. He called himself Memphis Tennessee, formerly Mephiles the Dark. So far he hasn't proven himself villainous of ill-intent, but I can tell he's up to no good."

"Ok (Y/n) the wise, could you use words that we all can understand?" Sonic butted in, but Tails, Elise, and you all gave the hedgehog a resting bitch face. The hedgehog threw his head in the air, "Ugh, I can't win- Just tell us about him (Y/n), sorry."

"He was originally this purple mist, coming from a vial. I felt something weird from him, some familiarity." You found a stick of fried bamboo and snapped it in half with ease, shocking Sonic and exciting Tails at the strength. Then begin to draw in the sand what you saw... First, a crude drawing of the Holy Tilted Towers Church, then the vial. Then, Mephiles taken form. "He morphed into the shadow of another hedgehog I encountered. His name was, ironically enough, Shadow. Do you know him?"

Sonic put a hand in his face and expressed annoyance, "Ugh, yeah we do. Me especially. Shadow's one edgy figure who loves to just cheat on whoever he can with..."

The group was silent. Tails slowly shaking his head, you holding the bamboo stick like a ruler in both hands, and Elise with a suspicious look on her face.

You held out the ruler towards Sonic, "That was oddly personal."

"Sorry, yeah it was- I don't like the guy but we have to work together quite often. Now there's a problem if there's two of them now." Sonic grabbed your bamboo stick as you pointed it at him and began to draw too.

He drew three stick figure dragons of the bat you recognized as Rouge, Shadow, and then a robot you had not seen yet. "This is Team Dark, our friendly rivals. If they are here, it's because this problem is bigger than expected. They tend to deal with more otherworldly encounters. We'll deal with Eggman while Shadow and his crew hopefully deal with that Mephiles guy."

Everyone nodded, it was a pretty solid idea now that Sonic was thinking and actually behaving. However, before he could explain more, Tails pointed in the distance, right into the sunset.

Everyone had to shield their eyes from the blinding light. Soon, everyone was noticing black dots growing with increasing distance.

Sonic jumped towards and shrugged, "Hmm- Robots in the sky?"

"Robots in the sky!?" Tails jumped back to crouch down near your side for protection, seemingly afraid of them. "This is just like that dream I had about- robots in the sky!"

You put your hand behind his head, showing you;d be there for him, chuckling to try to lighten the mood, "Well, why don't you tell us in excruciating detail Tails?"

Tails looked around frantically for a moment, turned his head to look behind him, started speaking, "Well, it was a whole dre- BYE!" And flew off in the other direction!

"HEY!" You threw your hand out to try to pull him back, but somehow the two tailed boy was flying away? Turning to Sonic, you gestured to the boy, "Where is he going?"

"He's probably got something that can help. Come on, let's get out of here before they find us." Sonic held out his hand to Elise and picked her up again, knowing with her weight you would be able to keep up side by side.

"You're heavy."

[]======[]
Back at it again! Sorry for the delay! The will to write comes and goes, especially with college constantly on my mind right now 😟

Word Count: 1780

- S.Ishvalda

Ishvalda