"yeah, while you do that, i'll go start on her release paperwork." mom says, both her and the doctor walking out the room together.

i look to my right, my purse and my clothes on the side cart next to me, me reaching over to grab it. i find my phone, opening it to what seems like millions of messages.

i skim through, not really interested in reading them all right now until one completely takes me back by surprise.

imessage from rue
bri
2:04 am

imessage from rue
fez got raided
2:04 am

just then the door opens again, the person walking inside, drawing my attention away from my phone.

nate.

he's in sweatpants and a hoodie, the hood being over his head, covering his messy hair. his face seems quite flushed as he looks down to me.

i don't even take note to the roses in his hand until he reaches them out to me, not saying a word although his lips part slightly.

"thanks." i take them, smelling them slightly before laying them next to me.

we stare at each other for what seems like an eternity before he steps closer, wrapping his arms around me finally. i instantly let my body sink into him, even though i'm only hugging his torso due to him standing and me still on the bed.

"you scared the shit out of me, bri." he whispers, me only nodding my head.

"i know, i know. but what happened. why is everyone so, i don't know, normal about this." i finally ask him.

he takes a seat next to me in the bed, grabbing ahold of my hand before placing a kiss on it.

"kat and bb really saved your ass brianna." he starts, my brows furrowing.

"i don't know how but they made it seemed like it was your first time ever taking anything. said y'all all just wanted to try something new and it just ended up being too much for you while bowling, causing you to fall." he explains.

wow, they even sold the story to me, no wonder everyone believed it.

"so no rehab?" i joke, making him smile but only for a single second.

"bri, this shit isn't funny. no, you didn't get caught with anything but you still scared everyone. you can't be fucking mixing shit like that." he says sternly.

so i guess they told him the real story. could've spared me with that too at least.

"nate come on. you know i'm not like a junkie or anything. it was just my first time trying fetnol. and honestly, not mixing it with that tab would've went so much smoother." i say, which clearly was a mistake, because he becomes pissed.

"please stop being so goddamn fucking stupid. like deadass or you will end up in rehab bri." his voice raises.

"shut up, god, im not rue okay. i can handle myself, i don't need you on my dick all the fucking time nate."

he scoffs, standing up as he paces the room. "you say that shit but who was the one that just slept in the waiting room all fucking night waiting for you to wake up brianna?"

"i didn't ask you to do that!" i yell back to him, not understanding why he's mad right now.

" i fucking know that! i didn't have to do that shit, but i did because i fucking care, bri. i care so i get mad when you're fucked up on drugs, i get mad when you fuck other guys, i get mad when you ignore me, because i fucking care about you. what the fuck don't you understand about that shit." he screams to me, his whole body full of anger.