*Last warning, this will have major spoilers from S2's ending!*

----------------------------------------------------------------------

 - Inkwell Isle -

"Mugman?"

The Devil had taken Mugman in front of Cuphead's eyes, he sat there in disbelief for a few seconds and snapped out of it, trying to reassure himself. 

"Im sure the Devil will come back with him in a day, Mugman's constant worryin' annoys the living heck out of me! He'll probably get so annoyed of Mugman's yapping he'll show right back up in this exact spot! It'll all work out, so I ain't too worried about it." 

He shoved his hands in his pocket and the Devil's pitchfork strapped to his back and walked to the cabin whistling a song, opening the door and suddenly Elder Kettle was in front of him with a stern look on his face. 

"Where's Mugman?" Elder Kettle placed his hands on his sides while Cuphead thought of a clever excuse out of the situation,

"He's uh.....uh....already in his room asleep! We had a tough day of....repainting the fence! Like you asked us to!" Cuphead said this in probably the most obvious guilty voice imaginable. 

"Hmmm...Alright then! You boys are such a big help! Im proud of you two! Goodnight Cuphead." Elder Kettle slapped Cuphead's back and pushed him into the room and closed the door, walking away smiling while Cuphead smiled and nodded along.

After Elder Kettle shut the door, Cuphead ran into his bed and stared at the wall intensely, thinking to himself that everything would be fine! Just gotta wait a few hours and he would be back, he was sure of it. 

Definitely sure of it! No other possibility. This is fine!

It was in fact, not fine.

He didnt get much sleep, having nightmares.

He woke up, and saw Mugman laying on the floor. Cuphead immediately got up and ran to his side.

"Mugman! I was sure you'd show up eventually!"

Mugman turned around and looked at him.

"You...abandoned me"

"What are you talkin' about?" Cuphead asked.

"You left the Devil to take me away!" Mugman got up and yelled at him.

"What? No I didn't! I knew he'd get annoyed of your worrying!"

"You've officially lost a brother!" Mugman shouted, the Devil appearing behind him and taking him away again as the world went dark, Cuphead chasing after the two of them, then he fell into a hole in the ground and saw them fade away as the hole swallowed him into the ground.