𝟎.𝟎𝟒 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐮𝐬 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞

Start from the beginning

"The Unforgivables, Ms. Chang," Moody replied.

"Now the Ministry thinks that you all are too young to see the effects of the curse. But I think not, the world doesn't care about your age, only about your potential," Moody concluded.

Ascella was impressed by his speech, but she sensed something off.

"Now, who can tell me what the three Unfogivables are?"

Terrence Higgs raised his hands.

"Mr.Higgs."

"The Imperius Curse."

"Yes the Imperius Curse, gave the ministry loads of trouble."

Moody got heavily to his mismatched feet, opened his desk drawer, and took out a glass jar. Three large black spiders were scuttling around inside it.  For the first time in years, Ascella wished Theo was sitting next to her.

Apparently, Theo felt the same, because the next minute she felt his presence beside her. Moody who had obviously seen the exchange ignored it.

Moody reached into the jar, caught one of the spiders, and held it in the palm of his hand so that they could all see it. He then pointed his wand at it and muttered, "Imperio!"

The spider leaped from Moody's hand on a fine thread of silk and began to swing backward and forward as though on a trapeze. It stretched out its legs rigidly, then did a back flip, breaking the thread and landing on the desk, where it began to cartwheel in circles. Moody jerked his wand, and the spider rose onto two of its hind legs and went into what was unmistakably a tap dance.

The whole started laughing; albeit Moody and the ones who knew the real power of the curse.

"Think it's funny, do you?" he growled. "You'd like it, would you, if I did it to you?"

The laughter died away almost instantly.

"Total control," said Moody quietly as the spider balled itself up and began to roll over and over. "I could make it jump out of the window, drown itself, throw itself down one of your throats. . . "

Theo closed his eyes for a brief moment but opened them sensing Ella's comforting hand.

"The Imperius Curse can be fought, and I'll be teaching you how, but it takes real strength of character, and not everyone's got it. Better avoid being hit with it if you can. CONSTANT VIGILANCE!" he barked, and everyone jumped.

Moody picked up the somersaulting spider and threw it back into the jar.

"Anyone else knows one? Another illegal curse?"

No one wanted to answer that question, so Moody decided to choose.

"Ms. Black."

"The Cruciates Curse." Ascella was faking the confidence. She did not like this class at all, because for the first time in years she felt vulnerable.

And Ascella did not like it at all. But this just happened to be the year, she recalled everything she has tried not to think about.

"You would know all about that curse wouldn't you, Ms.Black?"

Ascella flinched slightly. Theo frowned, why did he not know about this?

"The Cruciatus Curse," said Moody. "Needs to be a bit bigger for you to get the idea," he said, pointing his wand at the spider. "Engorgio!"

The spider swelled. It was now larger than a tarantula. 

Moody raised his wand again, pointed it at the spider, and muttered, "Crucio!"

At once, the spider's legs bent in upon its body; it rolled over and began to twitch horribly, rocking from side to side. No sound came from it, but everyone was sure that if it could have given a voice, it would have been screaming. Moody did not remove his wand, and the spider started to shudder and jerk more violently -

"Stop it!" Theo shouted.

Ascella had turned pale, she was shivering slightly. She was tightly holding Theo's hand under the desk. But no one knew. Given the situation, Theo admired her will.

✧˖*°࿐

Ascella left as soon as the class got over.

Throughout lunch and dinner, she was missing. Theo had explained what happened to the rest of their friends.

Pansy and Evie, took off right after lunch but came back disappointed. They couldn't find her anywhere.

....

───※ ·❆· ※───

───※ ·❆· ※───

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ ˗ˏˋ ʟᴜᴄᴋʏ'ˎ˗

~ 𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲'𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠? ~

✧. 𝘮𝘺 𝘱𝘰𝘰𝘳 𝘣𝘣𝘺. 𝘈𝘴𝘤𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘢 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘶𝘮𝘢.✧.*

・❥・ 𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿? ・❥・

✧˚ · . 𝐕𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭. ˚ · .

˗ˏˋ 𝗛𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗮 𝘄𝗼𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿𝗳𝘂𝗹 𝗱𝗮𝘆 / 𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁.'ˎ˗

ʟᴏᴠᴇ,

ʟᴜᴄᴋʏ

───※ ·❆· ※───