Chapter 3

KYLE'S P.O.V

"A werewolf!?" I exclaimed. "Ah man Arianne's a werewolf, I knew there was something off about that chick. Especially with that short temper of hers." Ryan told me. "I thought you guys knew," My father assumed. "No, we didn't." I replied. "Well if it makes you guys feel any better you should know that's why I joined the Hicks company. Arianne's father was hoping to join our packs together too."

ARIANNE'S P.O.V

I placed the folder on the kitchen counter after I came back from the Desmonds. "I'm back." "Thanks sweetie you're the best." "Okay." I said and strolled upstairs into my bedroom. I closed the doors behind me and flopped back down onto my warm, soft cushy bed I missed.

I wondered if Kyle felt that burning when his hands met mines? It was so strange it was a feeling you got if you placed you hand on a heating stove. I lifted up the hand that once touch Kyle's and saw that there were no marks or any sign of my hand getting burned.

I turned my hand over so my palm was facing me and started tracing the lines on my palm. "Not even a scratch." I murmured listlessly. My eyelids started to get heavy and soon enough they closed and I dozed off into a deep sleep.

EHHH EHHHH EHHHHH EHHHHHH EHHHHHHHH!!!!! My digital alarm clock rang. With one hand still on the pillow that was over my head I reached out with my other arm and slapped the alarm off. "Arianne you have to get to school early!" My mom called out from downstairs. "Ughhhh why?!!!" I groaned. You see I'm not much of a morning person especially on school days for example 'TODAY'.

"Don't tell me you forgot! It's your turn to pick up and drop Timothy off at his day school today!" My mom yelled out. "Can't you do it?" "I have work." "Fine." I said. I walked slowly to the bathroom doors with my eyes still closed and almost tripped on the way but regained my balance on time.

Did I mention I have an older sister? I guess not. Well let me start then her name's Eden and she is 26 years old, married to Dylan Foster and last but not least as you guys have expected she's the mother of Timothy or Timmy as I like to call him.

I finished brushing my teeth and began treating my bed head hair that looked as if a bird build a nest up there. When I was done I placed my hairbrush on the side of the sink and walked out of the bathroom towards my closet. I opened the closet wide out and skimmed my eyes over the rack of clothes a few time before I grabbed out a pair of jeans from H&M, a white V-neck, and a Karen Kane floral vest I got as a Christmas present from Tallie short for Natalia my second best friend since I was in Kindergarden also.

I ran down stairs and hopped off the last step of the staircase landing on the ground. I made my way into the kitchen and saw a note tapped to the fridge. I ripped it off the fridge's surface and held it up to my face to read it a loud "Sorry sweet pea, I didn't get a chance to make breakfast today my boss called me in for work early today and I'll be home a bit late tonight. So everything you need will be in the fridge call me if you need me. Love, Mom. Ps: Don't forget to get Timothy!"

" Blah blah blah blah blah blah I understand." I mumbled to myself, pouring the coffee I just made into the styrofoam cup. I grabbed my keys to my White Toyota Corolla and dropped it in my Black Jansport backpack, along the way around the counter I took my cup of coffee with me too.

I locked the front doors and made my way towards the White Toyota Corolla that was waiting patiently for me out on the driveway. I used my key to unlock the car and stepped inside the driver's seat. Pulling away from the driveway I took a quick glance at the time it read 7:16 am.

Shit! I stepped on the gas pedal so hard I thought I heard something crack, but right now I didn't care. I had to get to Eden's now or she'll kill me if I'm late. It usually takes about 30 minutes for me to reach her, but today I'm making it by 10 minutes. Turns out I had no problem getting to her on time I took a sweep turn around the corner into her neighborhood and parked into the driveway making gravel fly everywhere. I stepped on the brakes and my car was immediately put to a stop.

I nearly tripped on my way towards her front door because I was wearing a pair of Suedette Stiletto Ankle Bootie that was constantly sinking their way into the driveway's gravel. Finally I had made my way towards the front door without managing to get any dirt on myself or the Stiletto. I knocked on the door and waited outside in the warm May breeze enjoying the feeling of the warmth of the sun on my skin.

The door opened a little bit and soon Eden stepped out from behind the door. With her dark, glossy cherry red hair reflecting a bit of light from the sun rays it made her look like a goddess. She stood there tall with one hand on her hips and the other one holding the doorknob. Her green colored eyes that were different from mines gave off that look that says try-messing-with-me-and-see-what-happens.

The Hicks family is a very unique kind of pack because A: We have mixed bloods, which means that we have a bit of blood from each of our ancestors in our system. and B: Because we have mixed blood this is also the reasons me and Eden have different eye colors.

Eden's facial expression gave out nothing or any kind of emotion instead it stayed blank and kept right on staring at me. Then I saw a smile forming at the corners of her lip as she said "Hey baby sis." "Hey Eden." I replied. I gave her a hug just in time as I pulled back I saw Timmy running down the halls towards me carrying a Buzz Lightyears backpack on his back. "Auntie Ari!" Timmy shrieked, arms wide open while running.

As he got closer to me he made a stop and launched his body at me. I grabbed him under by the armpits while he was in the air and brought him down to the ground. "Take it easy there." I laughed, watching him jumping up and down in excitement. "I wanna go! I wanna go! Auntie Ari." Timmy repeated. "Alright then, you ready?" "Mmhheemm." He nodded his head in agreement. I picked him up again "Say bye to mommy." I said, holding his hand up in mines making him wave to Eden.

"Bye, mommy." "Bye baby." Eden said, leaning over to Timmy and giving him a quick peck on the cheek before she closed the door. After the door was closed he lifted his left hand up and wiped his face with it. "Ewwww cooties." Timmy said, scrunching up his face in disgust making him look so adorably cute. I laughed.

I put Timmy in the back seat as I strapped him down protectively with the seat belt. He shifted uncomfortably in the position I put him in "Auntie Ari this feels weird." "I know Timmy you'll just have to suck it up for the ride." "Can I sit in the front with you?" "Sorry, adults only." "Please." "No." "Pretty please with cherry on top." I laughed and turned serious again. "I said no Timmy." "Auntie Ari is mean!" He shouted.

I went back to the driver's seat and closed the door right after I slid in the seat. I put the car in drive heading towards Timmy's day school with a screaming child in the back seat yelling "Auntie Ari is mean!" over and over again till we finally arrived at the day school. I opened my door and left it open as I came around the car to open the back seat door. I let the screaming Timmy free of the seat belts and led him to the front of the day school gate where his teacher, Mrs. Oakley, was standing.

"It's nice to see you again Arianne." Mrs. Oakley greeted me, she took Timmy's hand from mine. "Well school's gonna start any minute for me now so I gotta go," I said starting to walk back to my car I stopped and turned around. "It was great seeing you again too Mrs. Oakley and be good Timmy." Timmy stuck his tongue out at me and turned to walk into the day school, but instead ended up hitting his head on the iron gates bars.

I laughed and walked away back towards the door I left open. I waved goodbye one last time before I stepped on the gas pedal and zoomed off to another miserable day at South Melrose High.