𝟏𝟕 | 𝐀 𝐃𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐆𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

Start from the beginning

"Take a seat over there, I need to see to your wounds,"

This was an odd turn of events, but then again he did seem rather pissed since the Mp's incident. Shaking my head I stood firm, "I'm alright, it's just normal bruising," assuring him, but he gave me a 'don't give me that bullshit' look.

He took my wrist and pulls me behind him, and forces me to sit down on the seat. Slightly bouncing from the impact, I adjust myself seeing him rake his fingers through his tousled raven hair.

"goddammit, so stubborn," he mutters, before he reach up tilting my head up to reveal my discoloured flesh. Wincing with a hiss, his touch softens before a heavy sigh leaves his lips. He soon rummages through the aid kit, while I gaze down after releasing my chin. He soon finds a cream, and grabs some kind heat pack.

Silence soon falls between us, only hearing and feel his breath fan against my face gently.

He applies the cream against my neck, while I wince a little more. Biting back louder whimpers, my hand automatically grip his wrist. Tightly. However he still puts his concentration on my wound, making me wonder if he wanted me over just for this. Thought he would wanna discuss with important matters, or something serious. Yet here he is, treating my wound that he shouldn't consider fatal.

"You know.........I didn't like how they touched you," he mutters, breaking the silence.

"Hmm?"

He furrowed his eyebrows showing his frustration which was rare to see, when he places the warm heat pack around my neck. He held it ever so gently, before our eyes meet. Swallowing faintly in my throat from how close he was, my heart was beating rather rapidly. I've never felt this strange feeling, as of like recent.

"Levi....?"

He narrows his eyes my way, "At least.......you kicked the shit out of the them,"

A chuckle leaves my lips for a moment, knowing it was his way of easing the tension within the room. Soon everything has quieten down, before exhaustion has finally hit me. Warm tears slowly start rolling down, my cheeks growing warmer and warmer.

"Hey.....oi, what's going on?" he questions, in alarm but monotone.

Shaking my head, I try wiping them away.

"I'm okay, been a big day," I breath out, almost choking on a sob.

So much has happened within a year, and trying to earn my trust from Erwin. Things were weighing heavily upon me, but all I could do was grin and bear it for now. He soon moves the heated pack around the front of my throat, realising my voice was barely a whisper now. He glares angrily averting his eyes, but I swallow thickly.

"I'm okay.....reall--"

"Bullshit, and you fucking know you're not okay!"

My eyes widen, seeing the anger raging within his eyes. His shoulders upright, but head clouded with anger. If I ever said anything about Peter, hell will break loose. Soon the tension thickens within the room, while sitting there unable to process what had just happened.

He tries to ignore me again, while I sat there holding my heat pack tenderly against my throat.

Dwelling whether I should leave or not, the tears would not stop falling. The bitterness salty tears rest at the corners of my lips, wanting nothing more than to feel better and train again. My eyes soon fall upon him again, my lips hesitantly part not once but twice.

"L-Levi......I'm......sorry, I think I should--" before I could finish, he rests his hand against the nape of my neck. Our temples pressed against each other, my eyes slightly widening taken back. He inhales slowly, before fluttering his eyes open. Pulling away, he held a stern look before leaning forward wiping away the silent tears that strays down.