Pool day 6/3/87

Chapter one,, toxic byler,, mike pov

Mike stared at himself in the mirror.his hair in a low ponytail,he placed his hands on the rim of the sink.
'Would el like this?'he stared at it.it looked okay...

'Would will?...'

Mike widened his eyes and removed his grasp from the sink.
'Why did he think of will?'

He closed his eyes and let out a sigh, in hopes to calm himself.he pulled his shirt on,and pushed his bangs back of of his forehead.

"Mike!"he quickly turned his head to the door of the bathroom.his father was calling him."hey Jonathan is here!come on out."Ted knocked on the door to make sure he was still in the bathroom.

" 'kay."Mike looked at his ears.he pierced them while the Byers were  away.he had grown out his hair so that his parents wouldn't see and make fun of him.they were a self conscious doll house family after all.

He took out the rubber band,and,and guided it to his wrist.he would put it on later.

He turned the door handle,and almost hit Molly,standing innocently by the doorway.

"Hi Mike!i drew Jane."she help a peice of paper to mikes face.it had a girl with shaved hair and big round lips.
"Pretty."Mike smiled."why don't you go show her? It looks just like her."Mike had favored Molly out of Nancy and her parents.he had talked to her about stuff a lot more.she didn't know much,so she couldn't judge.

She ran over to the door way,hugging the paper in her small hands.he pigtails waving up and down.he smiled and sighed out of his nostrils.it was just a pool day. It was fine.

He walked closer to the doorway. He heard a soft voice,Els voice.he cared for her so much.and she was beautiful, smart,brave, Funny.

As he walked closer,he saw el squatting down to talk to Molly.that voiced he liked so much was full now.

She caught him in the corner of her eye and said"Mike!"

Hearing his name made him walk faster to el.he saw Jonathan. He was only here to drop of the kids.
Lucas and Dustin, and will.it was strange to see him again.after all, they had been in a car with each other for an entire week,
And he was pretty sure he liked a girl from his class,and leaving California,to never see her again was hard.

He didn't know, 'cause his girlfriend was right in front of him!so snap out of it Mike!

When they got in the car,Dustin and lucas talked to will.they seemed to ask him about Stuff, stuff that Mike couldn't hear.
Jonathan seemed to stare at Mike from the front seat. Getting quick glances, he looked strangely angry.

Max and el we're in the trunk of the car. It was stupid,but Jonathan got enough money for a new and bigger car,so the trunk was bigger,and it was supplied with a window.

steve had all the stuff for the sleepover in his car.