"Such a sweet, innocent girl, yet to be broken by the injustices of the world." You scowled.

What did he know?!

"I've experienced enough of it, thank you very much. I know how unjust the world can be." You felt him get closer to you, seemingly taking in your scent, which was confirmed when he spoke.

"Cheap perfume. But not entirely unpleasant." ... Seriously?

You tore yourself away from him, obviously irritated, but he remained amused with the situation.

You'd been lucky to even get that perfume!

"All that aside." He said before suddenly pressing a kiss to your forehead, much to your shock.

"WH-" You backed away as soon as you could, though your brain lagged a bit behind, and it took a second before you'd actually reacted.

"Calm yourself, girlie. It's just a mark." Huh?

"A mark?" You asked, glancing up at him.

"Yes. Should you be in trouble, I'll know. And you can call for me whenever you'd like. I'll be there." While that would sound reassuring under normal circumstances (maybe?), you had to remember this guy was a literal demon, and did not have your best interest in mind.

"Right..." You replied, glancing to the side.

What had you gotten yourself into?

And moreover, how'd you get out of it?

You returned to your job the next day, serving everyone with a smile, no matter how rude they were.

The day was going as it usually did.

Until he showed up.

You fought the urge to scowl, retaining your smile through it all and said your usual greeting, which only made him smile.

Mephiles.

"Ah, I finally know your name." He said with such smugness that you wanted to throw a cup of hot coffee in his face.

"How can I help you, sir?" You said, your smile never fading.

You'd become a professional at keeping it plastered on your face.

"An iced latte. Please." He replied, watching as you grabbed a cup and a pen.

"Who is it for?" You asked, ready to write his name down.

"Make it out to Michael." Wait, Michael?

Well... you supposed he couldn't just use his demon name, so you didn't question it.

Mephiles or 'Michael' placed... way too much money on the counter, which you put into the till, and as you handed over the change, he stopped you.

"Keep it. Consider it a tip." Oh... wait, this was over 50 bucks!!

"I can't take it, this is too much." You tried to protest, though he simply smiled.

"I insist. I have no need for it." Well then.

If he insisted...

You shook your head slightly, in disbelief, before reminding yourself this guy was a literal demon, and likely could just conjure the money if he wanted, and quickly began the process of making his latte.

He watched your every move, fascinated with how you worked, and accepted the drink once it was done.

"Have a nice day, sir!" You said with a smile, watching as he walked off for a nearby table.