Blackhat wasn't shy with roaring his anger and he enjoyed making the heroes scream in terror or pain. So maybe the loud fight scared Flug. Checking the corners, under the bed, the furniture, the canopy atop the bed, and even his office. Nothing. He checked the hallways, the other bedrooms, and the lab, even asked Demencia and 5.0.5 if they saw Flug anywhere; all while calling out for the Neko.

Nothing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unbeknownst to Blackhat, Flug wasn't at the mansion. At this point, he was miles from Hat Island and he couldn't understand anything other than he was in danger. From the sounds, smell, and feeling of the occasional speckle of water, he knew he was crossing the ocean. He was tied up by the wrist, and ankles, gagged, and had a small potato sack on his head. His mind was still a cat; so he hissed and scratched at anything that tried to touch him.

He was in a small bared cage, guessing from the feeling of his surroundings, and his tail thrashed back and forth; hidden ears pressed against his head in anger. He wanted his nap with his master, damn it. Flug's captors had no idea why the doctor was a half-cat-thing right now but they didn't care. Dr.Flug was still valuable and maybe they could reverse this cat thing. Most of the crew on the boat were covered in stinging claw marks and bleeding bites.

Who knew a scrawny, stuttering, wimp could put up such a fight?

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Three days. Three days since Flug went missing. Three days since Blackhat searched the whole island for his companion. Two days since Blackhat conducted extensive, painful, slow, nonstop torture on the surviving heroes for information on Flug's whereabouts. Today Blackhat grew tired of the repeated answers from those useless sludge piles. They didn't know what he was talking about and didn't know where Flug was. They said that they got an anonymous tip that he, Blackhat, was weakened and was out of commission.

Someone gave the heroes false information to get at him. Possibly as a diversion to kidnap Flug. These thieves left no traces behind. The explosion in the mansion took out the power to the whole place and deactivated the security system. No camera footage or sensors to tell him where they might have gone. There was nothing to lead him to Flug.

Thirty minutes ago Blackhat brought out Camera-bot, which was covered in a thin layer from being unused. Ten minutes ago he fixed his office that he had destroyed in blind rage a moment ago. Five minutes he took a deep, slow breath and then let out a deep, paralyzing growl. One minute since Blackhat sat at his office desk, hands clasped together, top hat tipped, and broadcasted himself across all electronics across the world. Now the world watched in horror as the eldritch glard through every living soul and pind them to where they stood or sat. Blackhat glared for a moment more, letting every being in this realm know this wasn't a commercial to sell evil goods, this was serious.

Blackhat took another breath and when he spoke he growled and used his dark magic to translate his speech so every being of any kind would understand what he said. His voice was cold; void of the chipper salesmen he pretended to be for commercials. Everyone who heard it felt as if their hearts stopped from the sheer ice and chills his voice carried. All these are fancy words to say everyone watching or listening was soiling themselves tenfold.

"It has come to my attention recently that I have been perceived as soft. Thought to be weakened in my retirement. Perhaps, you are right. Perhaps I have let you get too comfortable and let you think you can be bold enough to provoke me without consequence. Perhaps, you all have forgotten who I am." Blackhat let a vicious snarl show along his face; morphing into something unlike his humanoid face into something nightmarish.

"Someone, or multiple people, have done something recently that makes me think I should come out of retirement. Clearly, people have forgotten what I am capable of. These people have made me consider reminding you all Who. I. Am." The citizens, the heroes, the villains, and all in between knew the name Blackhat; and heard the many, many stories of what he was capable of. The possibility of that unstoppable monster returning would drive certain people to suicide to avoid dying at the hands of Lord Blackhat.

"But I'm willing to give you a chance to prove to me you know your place in this world: under the heel of my shoes. My scientist has gone missing. Return him to me or confess the knowledge of who has taken him and I will consider staying retired. Lie to me, and you will know my true wrath. You have three days before I return and break the earth you walk on. NOTHING ON THIS PLANE OF EXISTENCE OR ANOTHER WILL STOP ME. DEATH WOULD BE MURCY COMPARED TO THE PAIN YOU WILL ENDURE FOR ETERNITY!"

Toward the end of his speech, his anger slipped through his voice, causing it to sound demonic, and even though it was slightly harder to understand everyone knew the meaning of his words. As quickly as his anger appeared it was masked just as quickly. And the heavy, chilling silence filled the space as Blackhat glared at the camera; even Camera-bot was shaking in fear. But all he did was glare. The burning furry in his gaze held the threat above their heads like an over-filled water balloon, one wrong move and the wrath would fall upon the world.

Even when the camera was turned off, the world had never been so quiet, so still. Even the animals all across the world were silent, for they too knew they were all in danger. After a good amount of time wasted the world scrambled to find Dr.Flug. Some came up with theories and evidence leading down one way while others were risking finding a fake Dr.Flug in case they couldn't find him. The Hero Agency called every known hero, anti-hero, and even villains if they had any information on Dr.Flug.

For once, the whole world was united. Wars that were in progress had Peace treatise in place; heroes worked with villains, life lifelong enemies teamed up, all for the single purpose of saving the world. The world would be burning with how intense all of humanity searched for a single person. It was unlike anyone who had seen, if they weren't in such a panic, to see the beauty of how well humanity worked when united.

Blackhat would be puking at the cooperation humanity showed. But he was too busy dealing with his own emotions. Camera bot fled the room as soon as he shut the camera off and Blackhat was now alone. These emotions were so overwhelming. He couldn't get rid of them, no matter how hard he tried to squash them into nothing.

He was angry at whoever kidnapped his beloved Fug. He was angry at the heroes who were used as a distraction for doing their part well enough for someone else to succeed. He was angry with himself for being too cocky and letting Flug slip through his fingers. He was worried for Flug's safety. Was he hurt? Was he cold? Was he overstimulated?! When did he eat last?

Blackhat was...scared to lose Flug.

It was preposterous for a being who had been alone far longer than anything on this floating rock could possibly conceive. He needed nothing to survive. He needed no one. He hated all living things and their weak fighting attempts at death. He did only what he wanted. No one controlled him or told him what to do. No one could rival him in strength, cunning, and intelligence.

There was nothing nor a need to be afraid of anything. And yet, that was the best description he had to describe the emotion. He was afraid... not for himself...but for something else. Someone else. This emotional pain was nothing he ever felt before...

Blackhat loved experiencing new things, he got bored easily, but this wasn't pleasant. This was awful. He felt cold. Colder than the vacuum of space. He clutched his chest, it felt like there was a gaping wound he couldn't regenerate.

He felt... alone.

So terribly alone.

Nothing like he's experienced.

He didn't know what to do about it. He wanted to go back on his word and kill every being in his path until he found Flug. He better be alive. But, he stopped himself. He wanted to see if the weak beings could pull through. If not then he would follow through on his threat. And If Flug was harmed or dead?

He would not rest until there was nothing left in the universe.