Guilia Gwinn (Syd) ~ unnoticed pt. 2

Start from the beginning

,,A video from Georgia. It's really cute.", I smile still amused by it.

,,Oh.. Georgia sure. What is it about?", she asked and for a moment I thought I saw a glint of hurt in her expression. But it was quickly gone again so it probably was just my imagination.

,,They're searching for our hotel so they can come and visit us when we're there. Oh, you have to meet them! You'll get along just perfect, trust me!", I spoke exited and she just nodded quietly before turning to her phone again.

Georgia and I didn't really liked each other right away but now we are unseparable.

Flashback

We sat in the cabin getting ready for training. That morning, I have had a panic attack. The first in weeks and I didn't even know why. Well, I did actually but that doesn't matter. So besides the exhausted and puzzled state I was in, I also was angry at myself for letting it happen again. Sydney had been there and could calm me again and she did tell I shouldn't worry or blame myself for anything but I could tell she was worried herself. The look on her face alone afterwards was enough to tell me it had been a bad attack. And I blamed myself even more for putting another weight onto her shoulders.

So you could guess that we both wasn't in our best state of mind and our teammates didn't even asked about it. Syd tried having conversations with the others as a distraction but I just needed to be alone and they all knew it. So I sat there putting my shoes on while I was lost in my own mind. But before I could leave the cabin to go out to the pitch our coach came in, but not alone. Behind him, a young woman shuffled into the room and looked around nervously. I knew her. Georgia Stanway, english national player and Manchester City player. Well, not anymore obviously. I actually was really exited to meet her. She had always been a player I looked up to but today I hadn't the nerves for an awkward conversation with a new teammate. So I didn't even listened to any of the speaches that were hold. I just sat on the bench, staring at the wall and patiently waiting until I could get out of there.

,,Hey, I'm Georgia! What's yo-"

,,Hi.", I didn't even look at her as I stood up and followed our coach and some others out to the field. Wow, she must think I'm a bitch. And I even heard who I guessed was Sydney calling after me but I just wanted to get out. I wanted to run. No matter where, no matter from what. But I needed to run.

Some time later we had finished our warm up and started jogging. And finally I could do what so desperately needed to be done. Besides football, I loved to run. It just was my thing. I could do it for hours and I couldn't get tired of it. The difference between running and football was that you didn't have to think. You can just let you thoughts wander relax while doing something good for yourself. It was like therapy, and even if I love football so so much it never had such an effect on me. We ran our rounds until coach called us over and said we would just have some fun to get to know each other.

So when we got ready to play some little games. I walked over to my sister and gave her a tight hug. I immediately felt her sinking into my embrace as I did the same. We probably both needed it. ,,Are you okay, teddy?", she asked and I nodded.

,,It was exactly what I needed.", I mumbled and she pulled away to look at me with a gentle smile.

,,I thought that, so I asked coach if we could do it. And I told him to not let you play full time. You must be tired.", she said and I nodded. I had already assumed this since she always did it after my panic attacks. Telling coach to let us run so I could free my head. My eyes wandered over to Georgia who stood on the side. ,,You should go talk to her. I assume she was a little insecure after you left her." Immediately my head snapped towards my sister, guilt washing all over me but Sydney just laughed. ,,It's okay, just go and apologize. She'll understand." I nodded and started walking over to where the english girl was standing.