Too much jealousy

I was stunned the moment I hear what the woman said. The Rivero's? I thought they cut ties to them dahil sa nangyari sa amin?

'But no one knows that he's the father of your son'  the back of my mind said.

Mom and dad look into each other then to me. Mom smiled sweetly and hold my arms.

"The Rivero's is here, hija. Do you want to meet them again?"  I gulped and clasped my hands. I'm getting sweaty even though it's cold here at the balcony.

Ugh Zein, sana kahit jacket nagdala ka!

"Ah I would loved to mom but I want to look at the mansion then I'll go down."  I laugh and smile to my mom so that's she can buy my reason.

"Okay darling but can we borrow our grandson? We miss him so much I want to spend time with him?"

"H-ha? Saan? Bababa kayo? S-sasama nalang ako." Nauutal ko sa sabi dahil kinakabahan ako baka makita siya ng mga Rivero's.

"Akala ko ba maglilibot ka sa mansion, hija? Do you miss Santino no?" Tukso ng daddy nito sa kanya. Napangiwi siya dahil doon.

"I-its not like that dad, I just want to go with you."

Dad smiled at me at hinila ako sa tabi niya.

"Alright, be my last tonight and your mom na ang bahala sa apo namin." Hindi ko mapigilang ngumiti at yumakap kay Daddy.

I think this is one of the best night ever happened on me these past 10 years.

Nang bumaba kami nang hagdan. A song was played. I was with dad and my brother. All eyes was on me. Nagulat ang iba at hindi makapaniwala.

Napuno nang haka-haka ang malapad na sala ng mansion. Walang may balak na ituon ang atensyon sa kasama ko bumaba kundi sa akin lang.

But I thought the attention was on me. No. Lahat ng tao ay nakatingin sa kasama ni mommy bumaba. And what the coincidence.

Santino was entering the sala together with someone that I didn't know. A woman. My heartbeat beats so fast. My eyes widen. No, it can't be.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, good evening and welcome to Mr and Mrs. Cuevas golden wedding anniversary."  naputol ang atensyon ko nang magsalita ang MC sa gilid namin. Napuno nang palakpakan ang paligid.

"And also let's welcome the coming back of the only heiress and daughter, Ms. Zeinary Maureen Cuevas." I thought no one would clap but they did. At nakakabingi meron ding sumipol.

"Miss Maureen, welcome back and how's your life on the past 10 years?"

Hindi ako inform na may question and answer pala pagbumalik sa pamilya. I take the mic and look at the people who's waiting of my answer.

"I'm completely fine and living peacefully without toxicity. I'm surrounded by good people in where I'm living right now."

"That's great. And also, can we know who's the handsome boy on your mother side?"

She was completely frozen and shock at the same time. She look back and saw his son. When he saw her, he cutely wave at her. She gulped then turn around to face the people on the crowd waiting for the answer.

"Ah." Hindi siya makabuo ng sasabihin. She was so nervous. To the point that anytime she might fall down because of nervousness.

She spotted Jacques on the side. He give him a sign 'okay' to him. She close her eyes and took a deep breath.

"He's my son, my one and only son that gives me hope and save me on the edge of giving up."

The reaction of the people was so priceless. Even the MC was so shock.

"You both didn't even look a like. But wow.  Congratulations Miss Maureen. He's so handsome and could be a model for the future."

She just give MC a smile then look at the wave of people. Then she met a gaze coming from Santino. Katabi niya ang siguro "date for tonight" niya. Inirapan niya ito at pinasa ang mic sa kuya niya.

When the introduction was already done. Syempre kainan at inuman na. Sana dinala niya dito ang mga co teachers niya edi sana hindi siya nag iisa.

Her mom and dad was so find with his son na wala na silang balak ipahawak siya sa kanya.

Kada may dumaan na waiter at may dalang whiskey o ano man ay nanghihinga siya. Minutes pass, nahihilo na siya.

"Hey Miss Maureen."

She look up and saw a man in suit. He was smiling at her.

"You're alone. Might care if I join you?"

"Sure." She said then drink her whiskey. May tinignan pa ang lalaki sa kamay niya bago nagsalita.

"So, you're not married?" She stop looking at her drink then switch her attention to the man.

"Why? Do want to marry me?" Her bluntness shock the man infront of her. Napatigil ito sa sinabi niya. He cleared his throat bago nagsalita.

"You're so straight to the point, Miss Maureen. But before marrying, I want to know you more." The man said and reach for her to touch pero sa isang iglap ay tumilapon ang lalaki.

Biglang napatayo si Zein sa gulat ay nakitang namimilipit sa sakit ang lalaki sa sahig. She look at her back kung sino ang gumawa non and to her surprise, it's him.

Hindi pa siya nakuntento. Nilapitan nito ang lalaki at hinawakan sa kwelyo para ipatayo. Dinikit niya ito sa pader.

"Don't you ever touch what's mine, Kellan." Santino lowly growl to the man.

The man just laugh pero sinuntok ito ni San kaya tumilapon ulit. Mom and dad ran towards us lalo na ang mga Rivero. Some helping the two para paghiwalayin and here I am,tulala sa nangyayari.

"Santino stop it!" Suway ni Mr. Rivero sa anak. Kellan family was also helping their son to stand up.

"What's wrong with you bakit ka gumawa ng gulo!? And dito pa talaga sa okasyon ng mga Cuevas!"

But Santino just look annoyed to his dad bago sa akin. He walk to towards me na galit na galit. He hold a grip on my arms and drag me out of the crowd.

"Santino! Saan mo dadalhin si Maureen!" That was his dad shouting. May humarang sa kanila pero tinadyakan niya lang.

Zein on his side was so shock of what's happening. Her brother try to stop Santino for dragging her away but he said something na nagpatigil sa pagtibok ng puso at pagdaloy ng dugo sa katawang tao niya.

"Wag kayong mangialam dahil away mag-asawa to."