𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜 | 𝟸𝟽 𝙽𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛

Start from the beginning

"Uh huh," I reply, tapping my chop stick against his, "I knew it, you can't fool me."

Draken only grins, silently accepting my duel with chop sticks, "I don't like Hanma one bit. Don't like his stupid face, and I certainly don't like him being a captain under Toman," he explains as he prodded my disposable stick.

"Agreed," I say, nodding my head, "but it's better being in peace than fighting," I suggest, and Draken only sighs.

"I guess you're right," Draken concurs, before jabbing out his chop stick against mine, the end hitting my hand.

The contact made my reel my hand back, "gross, that was in your mouth," I complained, wiping my hand on my trousers to get rid of the feeling of the wet chop stick against my skin.

Draken only lets out a chuckle, "I win," he declares, a proud look adorning his features as he pointed his chop stick at me like a sword.

"Are you two finished with your food?" A voice speaks out, and I jump at the waitresses sudden appearance.

Draken seemed slightly startled as well, dropping his chop stick onto the table, making me snicker at his surprised expression.

I gave Draken a glance before looking at the younger woman, giving her a polite smile, "I'm finished, how about you?" I state, jerking my chin towards my company.

"I'm finished as well, thank you," Draken says, giving the woman a tight lipped smile and a head nod.

The waitress smiled, beginning to pile the smaller bowls and used cutlery into the pot that cooked our food, before packing up the portable stove.

After cleaning ourselves up, and splitting the bill, myself and Draken took back out into the night.

It appeared as though Draken was taking us on a detour throughout the city, before taking his bike in the direction of my home as promised.

The vibrations of the engine roared against my legs through the leather seats; the heat making up for the winter breeze lashing against my bare face.

Draken's way of driving his bike was different from the others – Mikey and Baji took the thrill in fast, sharp turns; while Mitsuya was rather a more safer driver, and I vaguely remember Shinichiro being the same. Pah was somewhat careless when he drove; fairly similar to Kazutora.

In contrast, Draken like to go fast. Not to say the others didn't, but he was the only one that had mastered going so quick for long durations while staying safe enough.

At the thought, I tipped my head back as Draken turned the throttle further, causing a smile to grow on both of our faces at the feeling of freedom. The skyscraper lights watered into streaks across my vision; the blues and yellows highlighting the paint of the black motor cycle.

Before long, a red light paused our speeding down the winding main roads. At the halt, Draken placed his feet down on either side of the bike to balance us, the rumbling of his own and other car's engines taking over my hearing.

I watched the illuminated red stop light shining down onto the wet pavement of the road, still holding as pedestrians crossed over. I then lent forwards, pressing my body onto Draken's back and placing my chin onto his left shoulder as I further secure my arms around his waist.

"Thank you for getting dinner with me, and then taking me home," I state into his ear, loud enough for him to hear over the mechanical sounds.

Draken didn't respond verbally, only craning his neck slightly to meet his eyes with mine. I gave a smile, and instead of sending one back like he usually does, he continued to stare down wistfully.

I opened my mouth to point out his staring, until I noticed the light turning green, "Draken, the light is green," I state.

The comment seemed to knock him out of his daze, quickly turning back around to start up again, speeding up the main road, before turning off in the direction of my suburb.

As we came closer, Draken slowed his speed down, turning onto the road on which I lived. Soon enough, my mailbox came into view, and Draken pulled into my driveway.

The bike's head lights beamed onto [parent/guardian]'s car, flooding light out onto the walls of my home and allowing visibility up to the front door. The moment we came to a halt, I swung my leg off the bike, planting my feet onto the concrete parkway.

Draken decided to stop the bike's engine, kicking out the kick stand, and jumping off after me.

I raise my brows, "you know, you don't have to walk me to my door," I say, a small smile growing as Draken still continued to walk beside me up to my house.

"Yeah, I know," Draken replies, shoving his hands into his pockets.

We both stopped at my front door, and I turn to look up at him, giving a nod, "I'll see you later," I bid farewell, then coming to find my front door was left unlocked.

"Hey, [y/n]," Draken then calls, stopping me halfway from entering into my home.

I turn back to face him, door handle still in my grasp. Glancing up, I examined his form; the small amount of night light casting a shadow over his face, illuminating a halo behind his tall figure, highlighting his braided hair and tattoo.

Draken proceeded to not say anything, and so I shift into worry, "is something wrong?" I question.

My voice seemed to knock him out from another one of his trances, "oh, no, sorry," he apologises, shaking his head.

From the small amount of light, I could see Draken now giving a small content smile. He then reached out, brushing his thumb against my jaw in a flick motion, before walking backwards.

"See ya'," he states over his shoulder, raising his right hand up in a wave as he strode towards his bike.

I stayed stagnant in the doorway, watching as Draken jumped back onto his bike, allowing it to jolt back to life and roll out onto the street, riding off before completely disappearing behind a corner.

| 2439 words |