𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜 | 𝟸𝟽 𝙽𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛

Start from the beginning

"I'm Hanma Shuji; from Valhalla," Hanma began, gaze trailing until it fell onto [y/n], "Valhalla hasn't had an actual commander in a long time, so, after losing this battle we have as a group decided to reorganise ourselves under Toman. Valhalla and the Tokyo Manji gang are officially allies!"

The boys' whispers soon became shouts of excitement, all except for a few in amongst the crowd.

[y/n] took notice of Takemichi's downcast expression, and a pit began to grow.

Both [y/n] and Takemichi had the same thought: something was wrong here.

"Now, for the guy who brought Mikey and myself together," Hanma shouts, ceasing the chanting from Toman, "it's because of this guy we worked things out, so come on up here!"

Like a wave, everyone turned their heads to one person.

Tetta Kisaki.

[y/n] gave him a side glare as he passed; and although Kisaki didn't show it, felt uncomfortable under her scrutinising eyes.

Takemichi began to hyperventilate as the memory of the small conversation he had with Baji at the end of the fight rang in his ears. He felt a hand squeeze at the muscle between his shoulder and neck, giving a glance at [y/n], who gave a look as if she knew what he was thinking.

Something lingered underneath Takemichi's worried form, was what [y/n] pondered as she looked back up to where Kisaki stood at the top of the staircase. [y/n] knew Takemichi's habits – and if you were aware of it, you could see his emotions clear as day written in his eyes and furrowing eyebrows.

"There's one more thing I'd like to say!" Mikey yells over the cheering crowd, once again halting the noise, "we have gained a lot from bloody halloween, and we lost things too. Our first division captain, Keisuke Baji, has officially stepped down from his position."

The statement alone caused a silence that if you were to drop a pin, you could hear it. Many faces contorted with sadness at the loss of a great captain, whilst instead [y/n] held an almost smile, knowing that it was better than him being dead.

"And now," Mikey gestures behind him, turning his back to saunter over to where Kisaki stood behind him, "I leave the closing to you, the first division's vice-captain, Chifuyu Matsuno."

Chifuyu held his chin high, arms crossed behind his back as he left no trace of emotion showing on his features, "I was seriously thinking of quitting Toman along with Baji," he began, lowering his head down, "but then our commander said this: are you going to blow out the flame Baji lit? Although, taking over in Baji's place would be too much for me, so I talked with the commander for days, and we came to the conclusion that I'm the one to choose who I'm willing to follow!"

Chifuyu's declaration echoed, before taking a pause to lock his eyes onto a person in the crowd, "Takemichi Hanagaki! You're going to take over, as first division captain!"

Whispers flew, while [y/n] shot a grin at the shocked blonde.

"But this is... crazy," Takemichi muttered, looking to [y/n] for answers.

"So, Takemichi, we will honour Baji's final wish," Chifuyu called back, regaining Takemichi's attention, "Baji was the one who told me; so the commander and I have finalised it."