Expression

this will be based on school since it's starting back up for ppl so ...

_________________________________________

The school day was over which meant everyone was getting their things out of their lockers and on their way out the building or heading to the gym.

"How you getting home Bri?" A girl asked as she fastened her keychain to her pants to hang off the side. "I'm leaving with Michael." Briar responded, pulling out her phone. "Where he at?" Another one of her friends asked trying to spot him through the crowded halls of the school. "He should be at his locker or some shit. I don't know." Briar shrugged. "Well you better go find him before he dip out. You know he be the first one to leave." Her friend laughed. "Aight. See y'all." Briar laughed back and waved as she left them.

Briar had to have said 'Excuse me' and 'My bad' about a hundred times before reaching Michael's locker.

When she finally got a hold of him, she saw he was leaning against his locker and on his phone. She reached out and gently grabbed his arm. He looked up from his phone and at her then smiled lightly. "You ready?" he asked looking down at her since he was so tall compared to her. "Yeah." she put her phone in her hoodie pocket.

They linked arms 'subconsciously' and made their way through the halls. The girls all tried to talk to him but he ignored them all. He was more so focused on leaving the school at the moment.

Briar and Michael had been friends since freshman year and gradually became closer and didn't plan to depart from each other just because it was almost the end of senior year. All the girls tried to get at him the whole time while Briar was kind of in the background but that's kind of why he liked to be around her. She never was the type to bring too much attention to herself although she had a very extroverted personality, and was a joy to be around.

One thing that she disliked about him was that he was so nonchalant and laid back. A little too laid back. Sometimes she felt like he didn't care about the things she would talk to him about but since he was her closest friend she never pondered on the thought long. She never told him any of this because she wouldn't want him to change himself for her or risk losing a friend...

They got in his car, put their seatbelts on and he pulled out the parking lot.

It was a cold November day and the sun was already setting although it was only 4 o'clock. The school was pretty far so in order to get home they had to take the highway so that's what they did.

Michael turned the volume up and passed Bria the aux while his eyes were on the road and one hand on the wheel, laying back on the chair.

"And I'm not tryna hear no "F.N.F" shit." He said when she took the aux. She chuckled. "Yo, why every nigga hate that song." "'Cuz it's ass." He says while leaning his head to the side and plays with one of his curls for a few minutes.

She shakes her head playfully then puts on "The Worst" by Jhené Aiko.
She looks over at him, squints her eyes then immediately puts her phone down on her lap to move his hand from his hair and takes a piece of lint out of it.

"Oh shit, Mike got dandruff." she flicks it off her finger. "Want me to fuck you up?" he looks over her for a second. She laughs at him. "Chill."

"Ok then." he chuckles too then shakes his hair to make sure ain't nothing there.

"I'm hungry." Briar says looking out the window at the beautiful sunset. "Wow, that's crazy." he mumbled and swipes his bottom lip with his index finger.

"So you not tryna take me to get chicken and fries?"

"No." He stops at a red traffic light.

She looks at him with a straight face and he looks back at her with a half smile. "Wha?" he asks before laughing at her. "Nawl, Im just playin'. We gon' find somewhere to eat in a minute." he goes at the green light.