His father's son - Eddie Munson.

Start from the beginning

As Y/N watches her son, she is struck by how much he resembles his dad, right down to his captivating big brown eyes, dark curly hair, and adorable button nose. He even had some of the same mannerisms. His small tongue poked out as he concentrated intently on his painting, just like Eddie's did when he was contemplating or concentrating on whatever he was doing. The way he stood, and even the way he threw tantrums, reminded her of Eddie. Though it didn't bother her, she had started to question if James had inherited any thing from her or if it was just a joke God was pulling. James was his father's twin in every way, which she loved because, in a way, it reminded her that Eddie was still with her.

She remembers the moment she learned she was pregnant with James as she dips her finger in paint to paint a picture of her own.

A month prior to Eddie's death, Y/N received a call from her doctor confirming that all of the symptoms she had been experiencing were caused by her pregnancy.

Eddie found her outside the trailer rather than inside, crying and looking terrified when he arrived home after school.

"Hey, sweetheart," he says as he takes a seat next to her, throwing his arm around her shoulder and drawing her closer. "What's going on?"

She sniffles, placing her hand on his knee and her head on his shoulder, "I got some news from the doctor today. They found out why I've been sick the last couple week."

She notices Eddie tensing up a little. She was aware that he would be considering the worst case scenario. He frequently had a tendency to do that.

After a brief pause, she announces, "I'm pregnant."

He starts to relax a little and gives her a head kiss. The news didn't really surprise them. She had visited the doctor because of their suspicions about an unexpected pregnancy. However, neither of them stopped considering the possibility that it might be a false alarm and something entirely different. And even so, the young couple was still absolutely frightened.

Eddie was still in school, selling drugs on the side, and Y/N was working at Family Video alongside Steve Harrington and Robin Buckley, having put her college plans on hold because she didn't know what she wanted to do just yet. In order to save money for their own trailer after Eddie finally graduates in two months, they lived in his uncle's trailer, occupying the one available bedroom. And now they need to prepare and start providing for a baby.

"We'll figure it out," Eddie promises. Since they found out he wouldn't be graduating with her in his first senior year, it had become his go-to line.

She responds as she always does, "I know we will, we always do."

She had no reason to doubt it because it was true. No matter how great or little the challenge, she and Eddie always managed to overcome it. That is how Y/N knew that he was the man she would eventually marry and have a family with. It turned out that they would be beginning a family sooner than either of them had anticipated.

She leaned in closer to him as he lifted her hand from his knee into the one that wasn't over her shoulder and brought it to his lips, kissing her palm before kissing her head again. " You are aware that I'll be teaching our kid how to play D&D, right?"

She can't help but grin at what he says. "And guitar, and metal bands, and-"

He lifts her head and gives her a soft kiss, cutting her off. His huge brown eyes pierce her own Y/E/C eyes as he ends the kiss. "I love you."

She kisses him again and whispers, "I love you, too."

"Mommy, look!" James exclaims as he holds up his latest masterpiece. The yellow, blue, and red colors blended to create a purplish brown hue in a painting of his handprints.