Reunited - Joseph Quinn

According to Tumblr requests, I'm not adding the stranger things actors to my imagines list.

In the middle of brewing herself a cup of tea, Y/N hears a knock at the front door of the flat she shares with Joseph Quinn, her boyfriend of almost three years. She immediately turns her attention to the door, confused about who it could be. She wasn't expecting anyone until tomorrow, when she will be having morning tea with Joseph's mum.

As she approaches the door and swings it open, she is immediately surprised to find the person who was standing there. She wasn't expecting to see him again for another three days, when he got home after promoting the latest season of Stranger Things. With a big bright smile on his face, Joseph is standing there holding her favourite bottle of wine in one hand and a bouquet of her favourite flowers in the other.

She quickly recovers from her pleasant surprise and wraps her arms around him as her body collides with him, almost knocking him backwards. Due to his extensive travelling and hectic schedule to promote Stranger Things 4, it had been a long a two months since she had last seen him in person. It had turned out to be more difficult than they had anticipated. She had been able to fly back and forth to see him when he was filming in the US once the borders were reopened. He had invited her to accompany him this time, but she was booked up solid with her work for the next three months.

"I missed you, too, darling," he chuckles, sliding his arms around her, taking care not to crush the flowers as he gently squeezes her. Breathing in her scent and enjoying the feeling of her in his arms again, something he has missed terribly over the past two months, he kisses her shoulder and buries his face in the crook of her neck.

After being in his arms for a minute, she reluctantly pulls away just enough to forcefully press her lips on his, having missed the feeling of his perfect lips. 

He whispers against her lips, "I think we should move this inside," and kisses her once again before she moves aside to let him enter their flat.

She grasps his suitcase and drags it inside before shutting the door. She turns to face him with a smile that matches his and tears in her eyes , being the emotional person that she is.

He extends the flowers to her. "These are for you."

She accepts them with a kiss and thanks him before placing them on the kitchen counter with the intention of arranging the flowers in a vase afterwards, her complete focus being on the man she loves.

"And the wine is for us later," he continues as he sets the wine bottle down next to the flowers. He then re-envelops Y/N in his arms and gives her a passionate kiss. She wasn't the only one who missed their kisses. She shivers as his fingers brush her bare skin as they move under his shirt that she's wearing.

They stumbled towards their bedroom, only interrupting their kiss to strip off each other's clothing. The only words that were spoke were whispers of how much they love and missed each other. As they get to their bedroom, Joseph picks her up and lays her on the bed with him hovering over her. They wasted little time in reconnecting their bodies, becoming one with each other again.

Four hours later, Y/N awoke alone in bed. At first, she thought everything that had happened so far today was all a dream, but then she noticed that she was completely naked and that Joseph's clothing was also scattered all over the floor. Shortly after their second round of reuniting, the pair had dozed off, happy and content to be in each others arms again. 

She gets up from their bed, putting on her underwear and the button-up shirt he had on when he got home, and leaves the room hearing music softly coming from the kitchen.

When she enters the kitchen, she sees Joseph putting the flowers inside a vase after filling it with water. Biting her bottom lip, she takes in his toned back and the marks she had created during their intimate reunion.

She approaches him from behind, encircling his waist with her arms, kissing each mark she had left. As he takes her hands into his own and raises one to his lips to kiss the back of her hand, he leans back slightly into her embrace.

She leaned her head on his back, his warm body heating her cheek thats rested against him. "I missed you."

"I missed you, too, my love," he says, twisting around in her arms and kissing her again, this time softer than before.

She looks up into his wide, beautiful brown eyes, which she always caught herself easily getting lost in. "I thought you weren't coming home till Friday."

"And miss our anniversary?" He rhetorically asks. "There's no way I would do that."

In two days, it would have been three years since Joseph gathered the courage needed to ask his then-flatmate's cousin on a date. She had accepted an invitation from his then-flatmate to attend a dinner party they were hosting to celebrate his flatmate's work promotion. As soon as they met, Y/N and Joseph bonded and realised they had a lot in common. After getting to know her for two months, he eventually asked her out to dinner. Of course, she accepted his offer, and now, three amazingly fantastic years later, they were still together, deeply in love, and managing to make it work, despite the distance their careers sometime brought. Their relationship wasn't perfect but it was pretty damn great.

"I love you," she says, kissing him again.

"I love you too. So fucking much." he replies, returning the kiss he starts swaying them to the slow tune that starts to play. Both of them recognise the song is the first one they danced to when they first met.

She smiles, resting her head on his chest, her arms still around his waist as they slow dance around their kitchen, stealing the occassional kiss