chapter fourteen.

CHAPTER FOURTEEN,,,
NARRATIVE.

frances felt nervous for some reason. she wasn't really sure why, exactly. perhaps it was the fact that vinnie had texted her very seriously, and that the last time they had talked face to face, it was kind of an argument.

she started thinking that maybe this is where their friendship was gonna have a clip put on. which kind of sucked when she thought about it. vinnie and her had never been so close, and she's learned to enjoy his company. he has become her friend, he isn't just her best friend's brother. so it would be really sucky to not be friends with him anymore. above all, it sucked that they had been so distant and weird with each other. she doesn't like it.

peanut was the kind of dog to get used to people very quickly. so after vinnie would come over three out of five weekdays, peanut sort of got used to it and stopped barking at him or biting. which is exactly why the dog got off his bed and jumped on vinnie, scratching his legs. peanut was still a puppy, of course, so he was very energetic. vinnie liked him though, and peanut liked vinnie.

"hi, boy." vinnie smiled, petting behind the dog's ear. he then looked at frances who stood in front of him, holding her door as he walked inside. he greeted her with an awkward hug before handing her a small birthday gift bag. frances smiled as she grabbed the bag, closing the door.

peanut went on to his own things, entertaining himself with his chewy toys that resembled all sorts of things. a squeak sounded throughout the small house every once in a while.

"you said we needed to talk." frances starts as she walks to the couch, sitting down and beginning to open the birthday gift bag. vinnie sits next to her but awkwardly moves back after his leg grazes her. frances noticed this, finding it weird that the guy she's hooking up with every other day is moving away from her touch.

     she ignores it, proceeding to take out the small baggie that was at the bottom of the gift. "well, it's really weird. but i think we should talk about it before it gets even weirder. i don't know how you'll take it but i'll just be honest, okay?" vinnie watches her, she just hums, her eye focus is simply on the baggie she's opening.

     inside is a necklace with a small flower pendant, and a silver chain. she thinks it's absolutely beautiful, it truly is, she loves it. frances puts it around her neck, clasping it and turning to look at vinnie who smiles at her and whose eyes glisten. she then fully turns to him, waiting for him to continue saying what he's saying.

     "i know we said it wasn't gonna happen because you know. but, i think i have feelings for you?" vinnie tells her, but it sounds more like a question and she doesn't know what to say. "i mean, they're pretty recent, i know that. but they're there." he continues.

     vinnie looks at her, she's fiddling with the chain she just put on, the one he just gave her. she looks as if she was frozen in time, just there but not really present.

     "i know it isn't the correct time to be telling you this either but i wasn't sure when to say it and all." he follows up.

     she unfreezes.

     frances blinks. she's processed the information as best as she can, and she's not sure how it makes her feel. she genuinely doesn't mind, but she also doesn't feel neutral about it. it kind of made her happy? i'm not sure. frances knows she doesn't understand the things she feels all the time, it's the most tiring thing ever. but she knows what this means. At some points, she knows the meaning of what she's feeling toward what vinnie told her. she's never been stupid.

     frances acts out impulsively. always has. since she was a toddler. always so impulsive, and then at points simply indecisive. she acts out irrationally sometimes because she's not sure she has full control of the things in her life.

     impulsive. she reaches forward and kisses vinnie.

     frances breaks off from him to look at him, and see how he reacts to it, but she can't even see his face because he's pulled her back in for more. he pulls her on top of his lap, her knees digging on the cushion at his sides. her hands are messing with his curls as he warms up her cheek with his hand. she knows vinnie's weakness is his neck, which is exactly what she goes for next after taking off his shirt.

     what a birthday gift, huh?

estela's talking corner
next chapter is so 🤭