Chapter One:

Rachel Scott

Shit. Shit. Shit. That was all I could really think about right now. Why? I'll tell you why. I'm fucking late for a meeting! I, Rachel Scott, am a 23 year old fashion designer for LuminouShade Co. Previously, I worked at a daycare in Manhattan. It was a nice little job. It obviously paid my rent, bills, groceries and all of the basic necessities but I had a serious passion for fashion. Corny right? I don't care. My dream was to become the biggest thing there was to fashion. One day, I wore one of the outfits I had designed myself with a little help of authenticity and creativity. A man named Michael Gardy, who by the way was one of the TOP fashion designers in the west coast, dropped of his son and examined my outfit. He pulled me aside and told me basically quit my job because I'm going to be working for him. I immediately packed all of my stuff and rolled out. But not without telling the kids and staff goodbye. Now, here I am. New York City.

My right arm swayed back and forth rapidly, trying to signal for a taxi. Of course these ignorant motherfuckers had the audacity to drive right pass me. As I was still waving for a taxi, my phone began to vibrate from my Michael Kors purse. I dug my hands in to my purse and tried to focus my eyes on getting a taxi. Finally retrieving my phone, I answered.

"Hello?" I answered.

"What the hell Rachel?! You are 15 minutes late! Where the hell are you?!" Michael semi-yelled though the phone. I mentally shot myself in the foot. I would never hear the end of this after the meeting was over. If I ever make it that is...

"Chill out Michael. Look, I'm sorry but this traffic is hell right now. I'm not even that far from the building." I calmly said. After my soothing statement, a taxi finally pulled up the curb for me. Thank God.

"Scott, you got 10 minutes to get your ass to this meeting. Goodbye." He exclaimed before hanging up.

I scoffed and threw my head back in frustration. I hopped in the back seat of the taxi and slammed the door shut, nearly breaking it. This can not be happening right now. Michael could be cool at times but such an asshole if he didn't have his way. I unlocked my iPhone 6 plus checking the time. 8:15. I had to show up at the meeting promptly at 8:00. Yeah, I'm never going to hear the end of this.

"Bad day huh? Where to sweetheart?" An elderly man questioned ever so dearly.

I smiled and replied
"2431 Robin Lane please. And hurry!"

---------------------------------------------------------

Jesus. Why? I clenched on to my chest that was going up and down at a fast pace. So, I sprinted up the 65 flight of stairs and nearly died. And I did it in six inch heels! After calming down, I properly checked myself to see if anything was out of spot. Good to go.

I walked through the double doors as if nothing happened at all. Eyes were glued to me and it made my stomach cringe. My number one pet peeve is when people stare. Like is there anything on my face? Oh okay, stop fucking staring. I took my seat and placed my glasses on my face, ready for someone to speak. After five long minutes, Michael finally spoke.

"Now that we're all here, I want to start off by thanking each and every one of you all for coming. It means a lot to me and everyone who partakes in the LuminouShade Co. Now, we are here to discuss about business." Michael got up and walked slowly over to the data chart. He then continued to rant. "This chart shows how much LuminouShade has progressed over the time span of 5 years. It has basically sky rocketed. Off the charts. The brand names itself because of how bright the clothes appear to be making it luminous. It then catches the buyers off guard by shading the material. Its unique and authentic quality gives the buyers not only the fashion, but the ability to be comfortable too."

Everyone started to clap at his speech. Hmm, it made a whole lot of sense. Wonder why. Oh right, because I came up with it. I watched as Michael went on and on. I then glanced at the audience of 8 or less who seemed to be interested. With my phone being on my lap, I looked down and unlocked it, checking the time. 9:36. Ugh.

"Ms. Scott, I have a question." A woman sitting across from me said. Woah, she's gorgeous. I'm not gay but, with a face and body like that? Who knows.

I smiled and gave her my full attention. "Yes, what is it?"

"Well from what I've heard, you're the one who designs the clothes correct?" I nodded my head and she continued to speak. "I want to know what inspires you to make them."

I sat up straight in my chair, not breaking eye contact with her. "Well Mrs..." I trailed off.

"Mrs. Perry."

"Well Mrs. Perry, my inspiration was my mom actually. She would always make clothes for me so everything I wore would be completely out of the ordinary from what other children were wearing. That gave me the courage to start making my own clothes. When I was about 12, I started sketching out ideas that just came to my head. By that time, I was already making them. I use my creativity and imagination. I try and make them where about they can be worn anywhere with the feeling of being comfortable but fashionable as well."

She smiled and mouthed 'Thank you.'

The meeting was over 10:00 sharp. Before I was about the hi-tail my ass out of the building, Michael called my name. I stopped in my tracks and started cussing before turning around and walking towards him. Here we go.

"Rachel, I just wanted to thank you for being as professional as you can towards the others. So I decided we should go out tonight! Me, you and of couple of other people I invited." Michael happily said. Michael was in his early 30s with a killer body figure. His skin was tan and his hair was jet black. May I say that his appearance slays to the gods?

"I would love to go actually. All I do is work anyways. What time?" I asked.

"Uhh, 10:30. I'll come and get you around 10:20 so be ready before then!" He said while grabbing his things to go.

I nodded my head and went downstairs. I opened the double doors that led me out the building and stared at the city before my eyes. It was a gorgeous day outside too. I guess I'll walk home.

"Okay, I'm coming downstairs in a few. Bye. " I said as I hung up. I was applying mascara on my lusciously long eye lashes. I looked in the mirror and felt beautiful. My black hair was flat ironed straight. I was wearing an all black long sleeve dress where it stopped above my knees. I had on my Christian Louboutin Iriza pumps. I topped it off with a plain silver chain my grandmother gave me. I had to look at my rear end and almost cried. I grabbed my keys and headed out the door. Fuck the purse, Michael was paying tonight.

I walked towards an all black matte Range Rover. Michael had taste, like me.

"Ready?" He said as I buckled myself in.

"Ready."

After a 30 minute drive, we headed to New York's finest clubs yet. Toxic. We hopped out of the car and walked towards the door. Fuck a line, we walked right in only because Michael knew a few people. Our co-workers were in the VIP section waiting for us to come. I spotted one of my good friends Emily and sat next to her. She was a very pretty mixed chick. Hazel eyes, light to medium toned skin. Her hair was like mine, curly and all over the place. She was shorter than me though which was cute.

"Let's get fucked up tonight!" I yelled over the stereo blasting JCole's Power Trip.

"Hell yeah!" Emily responded.

We both walked to the bar and ordered us a couple of martinis. After my seventh one, I felt a little buzzed. I went back and ordered a couple of cirocs. Now I was tore up.

I walked towards Emily who was already wasted and dragged her to the dance floor with me. My ass was all over her as she was following my rythmn. We swayed to the beat of Maybe by Teyana Taylor. When I say we were fucked up, we were done. I walked back over to the vip section and sat on the chair, taking in more drinks. After my last drink, I was out. Everything cascaded.

I blacked out.