"Thought I bruised your neck for a sec, little freak." 

She gasps, slapping a hand to it.

"I'm kidding," he chuckles, twining their fingers to tug hers away. "You're fine." Shifting closer, he leans in and presses a kiss against her pulse point, suctioning playfully until she squirms away.

Head pillowed on his bent arm, he gazes at her as he strokes his fingers up the groove of her spine.

Closing her book yet again, she stays on her front to tan her back but twists her neck to face him. Lifting a finger to boop his slightly pink nose, she makes a mental note to dig out the sun cream again. "What are you thinking?"

He smiles lazily, feeling content. "Just that this is all I need in life."

"Aww...", she coos, but her lips tug into a teasing smirk. "What? A fancy yacht? A slice of the Med all to ourselves? Expensive wine? No responsibilities for the day? An orgasm? And a nearly naked blonde to perv on? No one can call you a cheap date, Styles."

"You knob, you know what I mean!" he huffs, swatting at her bum for the cheek. "And you're not a cheap date, trust me, Styles. They fleeced me for this being so last minute... But you're worth every penny." He cranes his neck to steal yet another kiss before settling back down. "I meant just you and me... That's all I need. And Dylan and Freya and family, too, obviously. But this," he gestures between them, "This is all that matters... Us, time together. It's that simple. Everything else is just fucking noise. We can't let that distract us."

He's not wrong. Given the frantic demands on their time and all the craziness in their lives, it's appreciating the quieter, simpler moments and the stability of their everyday lives that will keep them afloat - or at least treading water - despite the chaos around them.

"I'm sorry that I've been so distracted," she admits, lips tipping downward. "Making time for each other is so important."

He interlaces their fingers, squeezing reassuringly. "Me too. And I'm tired of missing out on so much... I hate that your dad assumed we wouldn't be able to make your mum's celebrations." He sighs dejectedly. "But I'm going to set some boundaries to protect this stuff. I've already spoken to Jeff about trying to find a way to reduce the extent of travelling for my next tour... Amazing opportunities and offers come our way and I'm not saying we need to move to a remote island and be hermits - although the prospect definitely has some appeal after shit like last night. There will always be life and work and stuff and noise to contend with, but as long as we're a strong unit at the heart of all that chaos, I know we'll always be fine."

His resolve gives her confidence. "We will; I believe that wholeheartedly... I love you, H, so much."

"I love you, too. Always."

"None of it would mean a thing if it weren't for you. I'd give it all up tomorrow to safeguard what we have. Without a doubt." She's not sure why, but it feels important to say it.

"I would, too." He doesn't hesitate. "I'd turn my back on it all if need be... One day, I'm sure I will, and maybe that remote island will become undeniably appealing." His dimples pop as he grins, but she knows he means every word.

"I know how much you love it - not just all the spoils, but being creative and creating. I don't want you to ever stop doing what makes you happy and makes your heart sing."

"You have my heart warbling like fucking Pavarotti, trust me." But instead of O Sole Mio, he treats her to a rendition of the version from the famous old Walls ice cream ad jingle. "'Just one Cornetto, give it to me / Delicious ice cream, from Iii-ta-lyyy.'" Feeling carefree and lapping up her undivided attention, he gives it some welly, singing with his full chest and holding the final note in a warbling belt.

Duality [H.S.]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें