chapter 4

It had already been 5 years since Shen Qingqiu took Shen Yuan as his disciple. And in these 5 years, Shen Qingqiu was nothing like what he had been depicted in the novel. He took good care of Shen Yuan when he got injured while practicing, he used to train him personally, he used to eat with him whenever he could and most of all, he cared for him. At this point, you could say they looked more like a father and son.

And now, it was high time that Shen Yuan met the protagonist of the novel.

"Shizun, you called for me?" Shen Yuan entered the bamboo hut. Shen Qingqiu turned around and said "Yes.....but what is this?"

He pointed at Shen Yuan who had dishevelled hair and his robes were not worn correctly. Of course he would be like this. It was the evening time and he was taking a bath after training. When he got the message that his shizun was calling him, he hurriedly did everything and came.

"Pardon, shizun. I came here as soon as i heard you were calling me" he said and bowed apologetically.

"Hmm come here i'll do it for you" he said and pointed at the wooden stool in front of him. Shen Yuan understood quickly and sat down. This was an absolute normal thing for them, whenever Shen Yuan would have dishevelled hair, Shen Qingqiu would voluntarily call him for combing his hair. Even if he didn't have a single strand of hair out of place, he would tell him to come just so he could spend time with him.

Shen Yuan was like a power bank for Shen Qingqiu. Whenever he was exhausted, he would spend time with him and all his tiredness would vanish away. You could say it was like this because Shen Yuan was the only person Shen Qingqiu trusted and wanted him to be better in everything than him. He wanted to see Shen Yuan becoming the most powerful of the Immortals. Sometimes, he worried thag he was being too soft for his own good but alas, he was the one who raised him, so sometimes his father instincts would kick in.

"Do you want to come with me for choosing more disciples for our peak?" Shen Qingqiu asked making Shen Yuan's shoulder long hair into a beautiful bun with two side braids.

"Yes of course, shizun"

"How am i supposed to make sure that you choose the protagonist and not some other kid if i don't go, heh"

At the selection ground, Shen Yuan saw many children maybe ranging from age 6-13 but he was looking for one specific kid with curly brown hair as that was what Luo Binghe was described in the novel.

But to his surprise, there were a lot of kids with curly brown hair. Shen Yuan sighed and looked with more concentration until he finally found a bunch of curly hair. The thing was, this kid was wearing all black and digging the snow non stop without taking a break. Other kids would take a break time to time because of the frost bite but this kid....he was definitely the protagonist !!

Shen Yuan looked at Shen Qingqiu who was standing next to him with Yue Qingyuan. They seemed to be talking about something when Liu Qingge appeared.

To be honest, Shen Qingqiu didn't really have a good relation with anyone but Liu Qingge ? He was a special case. Shen Qingqiu hated him the most. It was clearly visible on his face. Whenever they both would cross paths, he would have this disgusted look on his face that could literally kill anyone.

Liu Qingge left after having some discussion with Yue Qingyuan, ignoring Shen Qingqiu completely. Shen Qingqiu made a 'hmph' sound and looked down at Shen Yuan "Shen Yuan, did you choose someone yet?"

Shen Yuan looked down at all the children for a while and nodded his head. "Very well. Why don't you go and bring them up so we can return to Qing Jing peak?"

When Shen Yuan heard this, he hurried to the bunch of curly hair that he noticed earlier. He stood in front of him and asked "Stop digging, you are chosen for being the disciple of Qing Jing peak. What is your name ? I'm Shen Yuan"

The little guy infront of him looked up with bright eyes. Though it was night, the moonlight shone in his eyes just like it was shining in the sky. Clear, bright and full of hope. He smiled widely and stood up "i am Luo Binghe"

Shen Yuan grinned at himself for not picking up the wrong kid. He patted Binghe's head and held his hand "Let's go, shidi. Shizun is waiting for us"

Luo Binghe was extremely happy but didn't know what was coming ahead of him.

After reaching the Qing Jing peak, Shen Qingqiu asked Shen Yuan to get Luo Binghe bathed and giving him new robes. Shen Yuan did what he was told and Luo Binghe followed the orders like a puppy.

After changing into new robes, Shen Yuan accompanied Luo Binghe to Shen Qingqiu. Suddenly, a bell rang in Shen Yuan's head. "Wait....what happens now ? Oh my god. Airplane bro why did you make so many plot holes. Ugh"

He sighed in frustration and asked about this to the system.

"Hey, system, you there ? What happens now ?"

[ System analysing the situation ]

[ Analysis complete. It seems that this was one of the plot holes in the novel, so we can't help you with this. ]

"Are you for real ? You little-"

Shen Yuan sighed, so he couldn't do anything if something was about to happen right now because he didn't know what was going to happen. He just prayed that Shen Qingqiu won't do anything or else he'll be doomed.

Luo Binghe sat infront of Shen Qingqiu who was sipping his tea with a stern look on his face. Shen Yuan sat a little farther away from them. Shen Qingqiu asked little Luo Binghe some questions regarding his life up until now and with the looks of his face, of course he was not happy.

Luo Binghe was poor and didn't recieve any education because of his mother. She was a washerwoman of a rich household. But inspite of working for a rich family, she was given the minimum wages with which she barely managed food for one time a day so how could she afford education for him.

When Shen Yuan heard all of this, he pitied the young boy and failed to look at Shen Qingqiu who was getting up.

He took the tea cup in his hand and poured in on Luo Binghe's head, not to mention, the tea was still hot but Luo Binghe didn't let out a single sound. He was sitting still with his head hanging low.

"This should teach you where you stand." Shen Qingqiu blurted out and went to his room.

Shen Yuan was still shocked at what just happened. He quickly went towards Luo Binghe and wiped the tea off his face and hands with his sleeves, when he suddenly heard whispering.

He looked at Luo Binghe's face which was still hanging low and his heart sunk. He was crying. He hugged Luo Binghe and thought of what to say. When Binghe calmed down a little, he said "I promise i will work really and prove myself to shizun!"

He seemed to have misunderstood the situation. Shen Qingqiu was obviously saying that he didn't like Luo Binghe and absolutely abhorred him but Luo Binghe thought Shen Qingqiu was telling him to know where he stood right now to remember it when he would become successful one day.

"Yea...this kid definitely misunderstood everything" Shen Yuan sighed and patted his head "Let's go and get you changed into new robes" he said and they went out of the room.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───