Chapter 6- The Fortune Teller

Start from the beginning

I watched Sokka struggle to catch the fish. "Sokka, do you need help?"

No!" He shrieks. "I don't need your Kyoshi Warrior ass to help me,"

"Oh," I say taken aback. "All right then."

I then turn to Aang who was blushing madly at Katara. "You mean, all of you or just your neck? I mean, because they both look great!"

Sokka emerges from the water, holding the se tu. "Smoochie, smoochie, someone's in love!" He begins to make kissing noises before the se tu breaks free from his grasp, slapping Sokka in the face with its tail and disappearing under the water.

"Stop teasing him, Sokka." Katara says annoyed. "Aang's just a good friend." She pats the side of his head. "A sweet, little guy! Just like Momo." She then pets Momo, who lands on Aang's shoulder. "And don't act like you don't have the hots for-"

"Stop talking!" Sokka shouts.

I raise my eyebrow. "Sokka has the hots for who?"

Momo suddenly flies off Aang's shoulder upon hearing a loud noise in the distance. He leaps onto a rock followed by Aang, who observes the scene. He points to the source of the commotion. "Someone's being attacked by a platypus bear!"

"Well, hello there, nice day, isn't it?" A traveler
smiles, dodging a swift swing of the bear's claws.

"Make noise! He'll run off!" Aang suggests.

"No, play dead! He'll lose interest!" Sokka shouts.

"No, punch him in the bill!" I dismiss.

"And then run in zig-zags!" Katara shrieks.

"No need, it's going to be fine!" The calm man says.

The platypus bear attempts to land a blow, cutting a large chunk of wood from the trunk of a nearby tree, the calm dodging the attack.

Aang leaps into the air and lands onto the ground, placing himself between the calm man and the platypus bear. He sends the creature back slightly with an air blast. "Whoa there!"

The platypus bear only rears up on its hind legs further, letting out a loud cry.

Appa suddenly appears from behind the bear and bellows, causing the animal to bristle in fear. The bear lays a large, spotted egg and escapes the scene, swimming down the river.

Sokka joyfully rushes over picking up the egg. "Mmm, lunch!" He sniffs it. "Lucky for you, we came along."

My eye twitches at the water tribe boys behavior.

"Thanks," the calm man says. "But everything was already under control. Not to worry. Aunt Wu predicted I'd have a safe journey." He folds his hands together and bows slightly.

"Aunt who?"

"No, Aunt Wu." The man says. "She's the fortuneteller from my village. Awfully nice knowing your future."

Katara looks off to the side as she ponders this. "Wow, it must be." She faces the man with a bright expression on her face. "That explains why you were so calm!"

"But the fortuneteller was wrong!" Sokka blurts out. "You didn't have a safe journey; you were almost killed!"

"But I wasn't!" The man cheerfully says. "All right, have a good one!" He bids us a farewell and begins to walk away only to turn back again. "Oh, and Aunt Wu said if I met any travelers to give them this." He hands Aang a wrapped parcel seemingly containing a long, thin object and leaves mysteriously.